Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Transition Frame
Quote | Reply
I ride and love my Specialized S Works road bike.

I'm think of getting a Transition frame to build up. Am I wrong to assume the Expert and Pro are the exact same frame? How are they different from the S Works Transition frame?

The Specialized website doesn't offer any clues.

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition Frame [ericking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The regular models are the same frame. I had thought the S-Works was gone for '07 ...... didn't see it available in the Specialized site when I looked the other day???

Quote | Reply
The Transition is an okay bike, but be aware that the rear wheel cutout is for looks only; the rear wheel isn't close enough to the seat tube for the cutout to offer any advantage.

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition Frame [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the rear wheel cutout is for looks only.

Not entirely true. I am pretty sure that if the rear wheel rubs on the frame, that is very bad for performance.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition Frame [Daremo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have the link, but it was posted a few weeks ago about the aero characteristics of frames, and the Transition was in the upper half of the list in the tunnel. Mine has been good to me and if I hadn't just ordered my Felt B2 frame I'd still be using it this season.

It's a decent frame for the price. My only comlaint (and one of the factors that had me order the Felt) is that the seat tube angle is not as aggressive as I would like. Mine came with a stock non-aero seatpost and that put me even farther back. My seat was slammed forward and I still wasn't where I would like it. So I just recently bought the aero post that comes with the current frame and that had a much better position. But the 75.5 (or 76 - can't remember which) angle on my 58cm frame just wasn't enough.

The interesting thing is that the Felt I ordered is a 56 and it has similar standover, a hair shorter top tube and seat tube measurements but with a more aggressive seat tube angles and seat post (two clamp locations like the Cervelo post) so you have a bit more variety in positions.

If you're looking for a 58 frame, mine will be for sale soon - polished silver '05 Comp model. ;-)

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'm think of getting a Transition frame to build up. Am I wrong to assume the Expert and Pro are the exact same frame? How are they different from the S Works Transition frame?

Exact same frame and fork. And they are the same as last years S-works frame and fork.
Comp gets same frame but fork is alloy steerer instead of carbon.

Transition is a good sensible frame, no stand out features but then no great impediments either which makes it pretty good among the horde of "tri" bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait for the new one. it's *sick*. some pictures leaked a wk or two back... go check it out. completely new design... with the same sloping top tube as the specialized road bikes, a cutout that really wraps that rear wheel.

Re: Specialized Transition Frame [chewgl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
some pictures leaked a wk or two back... go check it out.
dan must have pulled the thread, not on here anymore
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition Frame [Super Fly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah... seems like he did. but i guess it's a good thing. it wasn't suppose to come out till later this year.