Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized Sitero saddle
Quote | Reply
Looking for opinions from people that are using this seat or have tried one.
Wife and I are thinking about upgrading on our Shivs.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero saddle [Toolmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have fit clients demo the full line from Cobb, ISM, Fizik and the Sitero. The Sitero is chosen the least.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero saddle [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely fan
Love it
Narrower in front than ism and firmer.
Perfect. For me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Much more comfy than the Adamo TT. Still doesn't compete with my Dash TT.9 so my Sitero Pro has been relegated to my training bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just switched to it from ISM Podium. Jury still out but thus far (three weeks) it's been better than the ISM. Basically, I don't notice the saddle while riding, which is a good thing.

Quote | Reply
The Sitero is a well-built saddle which is worth trying -- BUT make sure you get it as a loaner or from a place where you can return it if it doesn't fit well for either or your wife.
I have learned that for things like bike saddles and shoes, what "fits" varies way too much from person to person. I have purchased many saddles based on reviews from product testers and from regular users only to find it didn't fit me well at all.
I personally use the Sitero and have done so for the last couple of seasons. I tried some of the other makes and models on a loaner basis and they definitely did not work for me. The Sitero does seem to work for me, though no saddle will ever be as comfy as my sofa.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like mine and have rotated in some other saddles for trials and always go back to it. Consider the new power as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry, gotta disagree with the crowd. I had one, used if for training and a race - I was a LOT more sore from that saddle than any other I've ever used, took three/four days to feel normal. FWIW, I've used Selle, Cobb, Sitero, and currently using/like a Specialized Lithia it's working the best.

------
"It's easy to be hard, it's hard to be smart"
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero saddle [C Bass] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C Bass wrote:
Sorry, gotta disagree with the crowd. I had one, used if for training and a race - I was a LOT more sore from that saddle than any other I've ever used, took three/four days to feel normal. FWIW, I've used Selle, Cobb, Sitero, and currently using/like a Specialized Lithia it's working the best.

I found that my sitero needed to be almost 3-5mm lower than most of my saddles, largely due to the firmness of the padding.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero saddle [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
C Bass wrote:

I found that my sitero needed to be almost 3-5mm lower than most of my saddles, largely due to the firmness of the padding.

X2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toolmaker wrote:

Seat is super firm and the front/tip/nose of the seat has no give, virtually no padding.
It is said to be designed to be ridden absolutely level, but I couldn't get that to work since the front/tip of the saddle would dig into the area just behind the package (worked only with 5-7 degree nose down for my absolutely average saddle to handlebar drop).
I really like the shape, but it requires you to sit at a certain (seat-bone width-dependent) position (you can't really move significantly front-back). Consequence see above.
It has a really good integrated solution for behind seat hydration.

Make sure you can return it, if you try/buy.
Last edited by: windschatten: May 26, 15 22:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The saddle rails are relatively short and forward, so if you need a really steep position with the saddle slammed forward you might be out of luck.

Agree with the comment re hydration, the integrated bosses are a nice touch.

With an M-Wave adaptor you can use two cages, if needed (no bottle bosses on my BP Stealth!)

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero saddle [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Personally, the sitero was fitting mebetter than the ism saddles. On long trainer sessions there can be some slight discomfort, but on the road I am always fine, dont think about it, which must be good.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love it on my Shiv, but everyone is different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a number of ISM's (road, race, adamo) which I still love on my road bikes. I had to get the Sitero for the hydration option which fit on my Cervelo (duel seatposts didn't have much space in the back of the saddle). I actually like the Sitero a lot in the aero position, but you really have to stay in the aero position, so it accomplishes it's goal! When sitting up, it's a bit wide unless you sit on the nose.

I've also raced a lot of tri's with the ISM's and love them as well. I dont' think you can go wrong, great saddles.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Sitero saddle [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
The saddle rails are relatively short and forward, so if you need a really steep position with the saddle slammed forward you might be out of luck.

Agree with the comment re hydration, the integrated bosses are a nice touch.

With an M-Wave adaptor you can use two cages, if needed (no bottle bosses on my BP Stealth!)

The bit about the rails is what I was going to say, but bear in mind Dan's article on saddle position if you are replacing something that had a nose with this. You further forward on this saddle.

Also, I have this saddle on my P3C in the foremost of the two mounting holes, and by fitting the saddle forward this means that I cannot use the integrated bottle bosses. The rear portion of the seat post fouls the bottle mount. I imagine this could be a problem on any seat post with a similar mounting system. You can just about see what I mean on the picture below.

For me, this saddle fits my particular arse dimensions better than any other. But you have your own arse, so YMMV. I went through Fizik Arione, Selle Italia SLR Tri, 2x ISM Adamo and Cobb V-Flow Max before landing on this. I'm sticking with the Sitero.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree with most of what has been said above. Like any saddle, it's going to be good if it bits your backside. I think most would agree that it is a very firm saddle. The one thing I would add/reiterate is what was said above about saddle position: When I first got it it was good not great. I read Slowman's article on split nose saddles that he put out recently and moved the saddle back some, now it fits like a glove.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
of all the split nose saddles I have tried, including sitero, the dash strike is the only one I have found that actually works for me in more than one specific minute spot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Toolmaker wrote:

I bought that saddle as soon as it came out and I really like it!!!

no soreness, chafing, or any issues that I can think of

The entire event (IM) is like "death by 1000 cuts" and the best race is minimizing all those cuts and losing less blood than the other guy. - Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was one of the first people that probably had a Sitero outside of some Specialized sponsored athletes. My bike fitter hooked me up with the one and only saddle their shop received before it went for sale to the public.

I definitely had to raise my seat post about 5mm to compensate for the lower profile of the Sitero compared to the Cobb I rode previously.

I had to slam it all the way forward due to the short rails.

It's dead level.

A lot of people get caught up in the firmness of the saddle. It's not padded well, no doubt about that, but it was still the most comfortable saddle I had ever used after going through countless saddles. I did three Ironman races in 11 months with the saddle and I never had an issue.

The saddle is not meant to be ridden in the sitting up position. It would make the worst road bike saddle ever made.

After two years of using the Sitero I'm currently trying out a Dash Stage saddle to see how I like it. I've always wanted to try one so I'm giving it a whirl. If it doesn't live up to the comfort level I had with the Sitero then the Sitero goes back on the bike.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: GMAN19030: May 27, 15 5:50
Quote Reply