Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Speaking of DQ in an Ironman
Quote | Reply
This is directly from the Contestant’s Information book for Japan Strongman 2006.

Under Medical Information

1-Disqualification

b. The trouble following may lead to disqualification. Drowning during the swim leg, respiration problems, frequent coughing, breaking a bone during the bike and on the run leg, when it is obvious that a competitor is not able to continue the race.

Talk about a tough day, first you drown, then you get DQ'd for it!

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of DQ in an Ironman [support crew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why would they not just DNF you if you die on the course?

I checked the IM Utah site...no mention of Boland at all in the results.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Last edited by: Record10Carbon: Apr 16, 06 9:32
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Speaking of DQ in an Ironman [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rule c) Any athlete who is unable to leave the medical tent by closing time will also be disqualified.

Sounds like the song....you don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

Support Crew
This information contained herein has been assembled for your assistance and convenience. It is believed to be reliable, however, its accuracy cannot be guaranteed. All opinions shown are subject to change without notice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hotel California? You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave... ??
Quote Reply
Re: Speaking of DQ in an Ironman [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'closing time' by semisonic.

mckenzie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Closing Time" by Semisonic

Support Crew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL, I have sent that to my athlete that was invited to race. Hopefully he will be first out of the water and not drown.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We had a joke a couple years ago that if you drown it would keep your heartrate down and make you faster on the bike and run. Funny to see that you can be disqualified for that in Japan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
....Hotel California? You can check out any time you want, but you can never leave... ??

LoL ; ) That was the # 1 song on the Billboard charts the year you were born if memory serves me well.

It still sounds fresh.

Seeing him in deep torment, I said. " You can have my last GU , but its been down my pants for most of the run". - John Hirsch

Take care of your body, its by far the coolest thing you're going to ever own.- Can't remember who told me this, but I love it.
Quote Reply