Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sourcing 160mm cranks for SRAM Red
Quote | Reply
I have a TT bike with a Rotor Inspider 160mm cranks from about 3.5 years ago and SRAM red that the TT bike came with when purchased new.

I have had many issues with the front derailleur on the SRAM Red: Dropped chains, and sometimes it simply wont go into the bike ring.

I know SRAM makes a 165 crank but I really want to ride the 160mm length.

I just don’t know what to do.

Are there any super reliable after market cranks in the 160mm or 155mm length that will work with SRAM Red? I could get the Quarq power meter and different rings and crank if that’s available.

Is the new Rotor stuff ‘better’? I have read and heard that inherently the SRAM front derailleur is problematic and I just cant afford dropped chains, etc..

I am even thinking of swapping it all out for Shimano dura ace where there are more options for 160mm cranks.

Any thoughts or insights? I just don’t know what to do.

My local bike shop is pushing for the 165’s but that’s not the size I want. I know SRAM red rings and such will shift much better with all SRAM stuff but I’d rather ride 160’s.

Even thinking of going to a 1X but I live in New England and that may not be the best idea w the terrain around here.

thanks in advance. I really appreciate it.
Quote Reply
Re: Sourcing 160mm cranks for SRAM Red [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm assuming it's red AXS? Do you have rotor's AXS compatible chainrings if so? Not a huge fan of sram but I'll admit their new stuff should be fine. Assuming your chainrings and chain aren't worn, its more likely that either you're constantly trying to shift under load, or your front derailleur wasn't set up properly and you might need a different bike shop
Quote Reply
Re: Sourcing 160mm cranks for SRAM Red [bluesmachine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would use Rotor 155mm cranks and use a chain retention device.
Quote Reply
Re: Sourcing 160mm cranks for SRAM Red [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JCOB will sell you their 155 crank arms alone. They fit the SRAM 8 bolt ring assembly.
Quote Reply