Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Software for Cycleops Virtual Trainer
Quote | Reply
I have a friend that has one of these and has recently found that after a year of using it he now needs a subscription to cycleops to use his trainer.

He claims it won't work by itself, I don't know the specifics about that. Can someone enlighten me?

I noticed that perfpro and peripedal, both which can be purchased and do not need a subscription service, can be used with his hardware. Can someone comment on the software they like?

If there is something else I can have him look at please make a suggestion.

Thanks

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Software for Cycleops Virtual Trainer [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Software for Cycleops Virtual Trainer [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does he ride a Cycleops Powerbeam Pro trainer? If so, the Virtual Training software (route riding, not structured workouts) controls the trainer resistance. The only other method to control resistance is using the Cycleops Joule head unit as far as I know.

I'm in the Zwift beta and although the software reads my Powerbeam Pro ANT+ data, it does not control resistance.

Trainer Road users: can TR control Powerbeam Pro resistance? (assume TR reads the ANT+ data just fine)

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: Software for Cycleops Virtual Trainer [tovi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you but from what I've read Trainer Road is a subscription service and he doesn't want that.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Software for Cycleops Virtual Trainer [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
''can TR control Powerbeam Pro resistance? (assume TR reads the ANT+ data just fine) ''

Best to ask that in the TrainerRoad thread, you'll get a quick answer

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure he has this:

http://www.cycleops.com/product/powerbeam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
Does he ride a Cycleops Powerbeam Pro trainer? If so, the Virtual Training software (route riding, not structured workouts) controls the trainer resistance. The only other method to control resistance is using the Cycleops Joule head unit as far as I know.

I'm in the Zwift beta and although the software reads my Powerbeam Pro ANT+ data, it does not control resistance.

Trainer Road users: can TR control Powerbeam Pro resistance? (assume TR reads the ANT+ data just fine)

I have been using a PowerBeam Pro for 1.5 years along with Peripedal. It works great together in ERG or Slope modes. You can also use TR and I believe Perfpro.
Last edited by: Burnt Toast: Jan 31, 15 19:32
Quote Reply