Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [bigring53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the guys at Enduro Sport. Last summer, they had some NOS Softride frames hanging around. I bought one from them and have been very happy.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [bigring53] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clydesdales are basically dead- almost whey race has eliminated them as a category while you were away

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-Cartels: Serotta, Zipp 2001, Guru, eh?
-"It was kinda long and then i got really tired"
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [clyde_s_dale] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a black TT in XL in the basement. Good to hear there is still some value there. My experience has been good - used it regularly for about 2 years with no reliability issues. It might be time to clear out the stable this spring.

---------------------------
When I die, I'd like to go peacefully. In my sleep. Like my grandfather.
Not screaming, like the passengers in his car...
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booth - from your fingers tips to gods ears!!!

I broke down my wife's old PowerWing 700 and put it, in all it's yellow glory, up on ebay 4 days ago. It's a t $150. I have given this a lot of thought - you should bid it up to ~$450 and then turn around and sell it for closer to a grand! Have at it:)

http://cgi.ebay.com/...?hash=item35a714ae91

Ian

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [yaquaman1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Check Craig's list, that is where i got both my frames $500 for one, and a complete bike Classic Qualifier with hed3's for $600. There is a download called craigspal free version lets you search all of craigslist at once

You can also search all of craigslist like this:

http://www.google.com/...q=f&aqi=&oq=

There's a few on there now.

Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [ianpeace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you were god, you would know that I posted this back in September of 2009.

But I still stand by what I said, (look at my original post) Softride frames (particularly the TT7s, and those tt7 with the classic beam) in size LARGE, still fetch a good price on Ebay, there have not been very many of them the last few months. I did not mean to WARRANT that if you put up any softride frame, you'll hit the bank.

Put one of those silver TT7 fast frames up there or a black tt7 rocket, and they do pretty well.

And right now, that's at $150, I think you might get right at $300 or more, and if it gets 300 plus, that would be good for that frame in my opinion.

I said "might get" but if you are God, you know already know what the final auction brought.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I picked up this roadwing for $450 on CL a few years back. and it came with an extra set of STI's that I sold for $100----so it cost me $350

I sold it for about $450 a few months later.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The OP was dated September '09 and here's an update for February 2010.

'97 Softride Powerwing 700 (yellow) frame set (frame, fork, headset, seat clamp) $202.50 off ebay.

Ian Murray
http://www.TriathlonTrainingSeries.com
I like the pursuit of mastery
Twitter - @TriCoachIan
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [davidbr93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you want to sell the xl black softride rocket?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In case anyone cares the op makes the comment about why nobody buys the softride brand and starts it up again. I actually tried to do this. Softride is owned by the alsoft brothers and despite my efforts they would not return my phone calls or e-mails. I was trying to put together a business plan to restart the brand and asked them to name their price for manufacturing equipment and old stock. But like I said they were not interested.

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [suparuki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keep asking, someday they may say yes
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [aquaman1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you know I have thought about that and then I have thought about just looking up he patent which i am sure has expired by now and just copying the beam and re-working everything else. But in the end it all comes down to capital which in the current economy is in short supply.

God's in his heaven, alls right with the world -Nerv
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AGGGGHHHH! I stripped something in my height adjustment assemble yesterday on my rocket 650... where can I go to get replacement parts?

FIST Certified Fitter
Salt Lake City, Utah
Quote Reply
Re: Softride frames on ebay still fetch a good price [ssn759co] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
AGGGGHHHH! I stripped something in my height adjustment assemble yesterday on my rocket 650... where can I go to get replacement parts?

http://www.softride.com/...cessories/index.html

I've ordered pivot bolts, clamps, etc for my Powerwing direct through Softride. Looks like they have some items for the Rockets too.
Quote Reply

Prev Next