Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Softride and Pro Teams
Quote | Reply
Why don't pro teams use Softride? Is there some type of rule that prevents them from being used or are they just a big pile of turd?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: Softride and Pro Teams [ChuckyFinster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love mine. Of course, I could be called a big pile.....

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"just a big pile of turd? "

We assume you mean the rules because there is nothing wrong with the bikes.

Softride is really only triathlon legal since it's not a double diamond frame design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Because they do not have the tradition double diamond frame, the UCI banned Softrides for pro and elite cyclists due to the "unfair advantage" they give riders (which is why you'll never see a Softride in the Tour).

Softrides are perfectly legal for all triathlons. You can even ride them in road races providing you are not a pro or elite rider.

Personally, I love mine; it is much faster than my traditional double diamond frame (and much much more comfortable). I think they are great for long triathlons since the rider is more comfortable and thereby more fresh for the run.

Proud Member of the Cervelo Mafia.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride and Pro Teams [zone2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Softrides were not banned because they offered an unfair advantage.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride and Pro Teams [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there more to semantics in that response? I mean, is there a reason they were banned besides the desire to maintain some sort of level playing field by standardizing bike rules?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well here you go.

http://www.softride.com/uci.asp

Took some digging.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride and Pro Teams [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Softrides, as a brand, were not banned at all, so clearly they were not banned because of an unfair advantage. Why did the UCI ban all non-traditional frames? Probably because they were non-traditional.
Quote Reply
Re: Softride and Pro Teams [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that suspension frames, not just those made by softride, are banned from USAC(?) events, and Pro/Elite ITU races.

Infidel.
Quote Reply