Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Softride Rocket questions
Quote | Reply
I currently own a 9 yr old softride held together by lots of TLC, wrenching and duct tape (not kidding). I am getting a new frameset and narrowed it down to a softride rocket tt7 or a cervelo p2k. I would only be using it to ride on the computrainer and race on, not train on everyday.

My questions are:

how does the beam bolt hold up? Is it durable, I'll fly it to 3-5 races per yr.

will it fit into your car w/ both wheels off or just one or none?

how well does it pack into a bike case? How easy is it to break down and is anyone experienced/ing problems with where the beam and frame link?

What does yours weigh? I bet it can't weigh more than my lightweight 22 pound bike (22.5 w/disc). BTW I've never been passed going downhill on it.

Are you afraid to dive into a corner at 30mph on it? If you do how does it corner?

how easy is it to wrench on? How do you put it in a bike work stand?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Softride Rocket questions [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

My questions are:

(how does the beam bolt hold up? Is it durable, I'll fly it to 3-5 races per yr. ) The beam bolt has been holding up great for me. I had a friend who broke one, but Softride sent him a new one right away. Softride recommends replacing it every 1500 miles. Pretty easy to replace though.

(will it fit into your car w/ both wheels off or just one or none?) I have put it into the back of my Subaru wagon with the back seats down and only one wheel off. Haven't tried just the back seat, I normally put it on the roof rack though.

(how well does it pack into a bike case? How easy is it to break down and is anyone experienced/ing problems with where the beam and frame link?) You have to completely remove the beam to get it to fit into the Tri-All-3 box that I use. That requires removing 2 bolts from the beam. Just need a tape measure to replace the beam at the correct height. No problems so far with the junction and I have almost 2 years and lots of miles on it.

(What does yours weigh? I bet it can't weigh more than my lightweight 22 pound bike (22.5 w/disc). BTW I've never been passed going downhill on it.)
I got it back down to around 20 pounds for a medium Rocket TT.
(Are you afraid to dive into a corner at 30mph on it? If you do how does it corner?) I live and train at the base of the San Gabriel Mountains here in So Cal and love to blast the downhills. I regularly have it in the 40-50mph range and have maxed out at 60. I keep up with most people on road bikes. (how easy is it to wrench on? How do you put it in a bike work stand?) As easy as any other bike to work on. I have a Blackburn workstand that looks like a sawhorse with a quick release on it. Park makes an adapter for their workstands that I will probably purchase soon that lets you clamp the beam. I had a Powerwing prior to getting the Rocket TT and love it. The beam has a different feel from the older version, but still the same comfortable ride. Mark
Quote Reply