Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad???
Quote | Reply
Seriously, that dude in the orange looks like he's going to drown any minute. Every time i see that guy he just makes me cringe, kind of like when someone drags their fingernails on the blackboard. You need a swimmer with good form in that ad!!! He's giving triathlon swimmers a bad name...oh wait...er, a worse name:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely the same thing I was thinking, and I have the same reaction when I see it; I cringe.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where is this ad? I need to check to make sure they didn't use a picture of me... lol

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Where is this ad? I need to check to make sure they didn't use a picture of me... lol

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His ear sticks out he has over rotated so much...

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
While he may look like he in not a front of the pack swimmer, he certainly has good taste in goggle choice!

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought that was a scuba mask...

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [jakers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an aside, is aquasphere still involved with M Phelps?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I thought that was a scuba mask...

Well, that's where the idea came from.. Our parent company Aqua Lung is the largest dive manufacturer in the world. We developed the first swim mask, the Seal Mask in 1998. The Seal is what you see in the photo. You can also get this mask with a nose piece, and they are insanely popular for free diving.

Off Topic.. M Phelps? Short answer yes.

Long answer: Have you visited our Facebook page as of recent? There is an announcement, about a pending announcement in our cover photo.

We have some fun stuff coming. A little at a time, but the development of products is a process. So there will be a few products this year, and more in 2016, and more in 2017.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know what the seal mask is. i was just pulling yer leg... well, that, plus the fact that they are hideous. please, for the love of all that is good and pure, get rid of those things...)

and an announcement to announce an announcement? tease....

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
Seriously, that dude in the orange looks like he's going to drown any minute. Every time i see that guy he just makes me cringe, kind of like when someone drags their fingernails on the blackboard. You need a swimmer with good form in that ad!!! He's giving triathlon swimmers a bad name...oh wait...er, a worse name:)

Perhaps that's an accurate representation of Team Challenge. Put in a good swimmer and we'd be screaming about false advertising.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The reason I was asking about phelps was because he had his troubles last year, and I hadn't seen any phelps-branded gear come out yet. Championship meets are approaching very shortly, and Tyr just debuted the Avictor suit (which I think looks awesome, nice change from black or monochromatic tech suits)

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know you were just pulling my leg, and the view that a lot of people share about a swim mask. That said, these masks help a lot of people get over their fear of the water. Goggles aren't a fashion accessory after all.

I can't let the cat out of the bag all the way. That would ruin the fun.

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:
While he may look like he in not a front of the pack swimmer, he certainly has good taste in goggle choice!

jake

Those are swim goggles? I thought he fell off a ski lift.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure those are motocross goggles...

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jakers wrote:
I know you were just pulling my leg, and the view that a lot of people share about a swim mask. That said, these masks help a lot of people get over their fear of the water. Goggles aren't a fashion accessory after all.

I can't let the cat out of the bag all the way. That would ruin the fun.

jake

Favourite Swim Sets:

Last edited by: JasoninHalifax: Jan 23, 15 11:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're seeing ads you're doing the internet totally wrong.

https://adblockplus.org/
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IDK about over rotated but the head position sssssssuuuuuuuxxxxxxxssssss

(amongst a litany of other transgressions)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair.. he's not a swimmer, he's an IRONMAN!!!

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<laughs> i can just hear you ROARING out the last part of that sentence. haha

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
I'm pretty sure those are motocross goggles...

That would explain why he is flailing around like that. He just crashed his bike into the lake and would like some help getting it out.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [greatland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
greatland wrote:
If you're seeing ads you're doing the internet totally wrong.

https://adblockplus.org/

This, all day every day.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [realAlbertan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realAlbertan wrote:

He's obviously in the lead pack and checking out the press helicopter overhead.
Quote Reply
Re: Slowman: Better swimmer in that Team Challenge ad??? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
realAlbertan wrote:

He's obviously in the lead pack and checking out the press helicopter overhead.

Ya, that's why virtually his entire head is out of the water, but alas, no response from Slowman:)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:

You guys don't get the context:

He is so far ahead of everybody, he can barely spot them....

Sublime messages are not for everybody.
Quote Reply

Prev Next