Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleeves in Kona pro field: observation
Quote | Reply
When we take the Kona top 10 girls + top 10 men, we find only 3 athleles (out of 20) with sleeved suits on. granted they are #1 and #2 men. any conclusion?
[thx Herbert for the recap]
Last edited by: Andre Bennatan: Oct 30, 14 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeves in Kona pro field: observation [Andre Bennatan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a lot (err at least a few, Frodo for sure) of guys had sleeves on for the bike and took it off for the run. Just fyi

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Last edited by: leegoocrap: Oct 30, 14 10:45
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeves in Kona pro field: observation [leegoocrap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
correct; I was just referring to crossing the finishing line. so is this the "best" option: sleeves that you remove in t2? let's not forget that #1 and #2 men crossed the finish line with sleeved suits on!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Denial.

Wouldn't be profitable for you to just make a decent sleeved suit instead of trying to convince other people that it's not better?
Last edited by: Nick B: Oct 30, 14 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeves in Kona pro field: observation [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nick B wrote:
Denial.

Wouldn't be profitable for you to just make a decent sleeved suit instead of trying to convince other people that it's not better?

I think the better thing for them to take from this is for them to make a sleeved top (such as the Castelli one) that you can remove in t2......
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I could have sworn that there was at least one person in kona wearing a prototype Kiwami long sleeved top in kona, which was most likely removed in T2.
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeves in Kona pro field: observation [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sentania wrote:
I could have sworn that there was at least one person in kona wearing a prototype Kiwami long sleeved top in kona, which was most likely removed in T2.

There was. That was my buddy Brad Williams, Abadbrad on here.

Quote | Reply
ez ez. I was just making an observation. didn't I write #1 and #2 men had sleeved on?? maybe this is what you need to win the race, after all.

and fyi, we had a few athletes racing with a Kiwami sleeved top including #5 men, Cyril Viennot.

again, the purpose of this thread is to reflect. period.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I appreciate the input. Can you speak about the upcoming development of this suit or a sleeved trisuit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would like to know how they got the sleeved suits on (while wet) since I believe you can't swim with sleeves in a non wetsuit swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You say 3 out of 10 men, I say 7 out of 15 men. Funny how stats work ;)

Also #10 female Liz Blatchford is wearing a sleeved suit, she just rolled it down. Same outfit as teammate #11 Corinne Abraham, except she kept the sleeves on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

[thanks for the pic.]
first, for sure this is just an observation and we cant really talk about stats; such a small sample. also, the fact that so few girls are using sleeved gear could come from the fact that manufacturers haven't come yet with anything that's women specific. that could change though.
my take is it seems there isn't 1 best option out there but rather several possibilities that athletes can pick from.

since you're asking, we'll offer our long-sleeves top before the end of the year; we're still working on sizing where it has to be snug but not too hard to slip on.
then we'll have a short-sleeves top by march 2015.

as for a sleeved tri-suit, our developers are still working on it: until we're sure it'll be a fast trisuit and not just a fast speedsuit, we wont commercialize it.
Quote Reply