Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleeved suit Swimming
Quote | Reply
Hey guys!
Just a quick question I couldn't find an answer here.

I will run a Scody Optimise AIR trisuit in the upcoming season. (Multiple sprints, olys and two 70.3)
For me living in Germany, interesting is: the german triathlon union changed its rules for the swim.
In non wetsuit swims arms can be covered till the elbow.

source for those understanding german:( http://tri-mag.de/...-sportordnung-134729 )

Now my question:
Can I swim in the sleeved suit sleeves down, or should I wear my swimskin (suit open at the top) ? I read that the scody is quiet thin and will be worn of really fast.
Other possibility is getting a sleeveless "normal" suit, when i don't want to wear that swimskin.

I don't have that much experience with sleeved suits, so any comment will be welcome ;)

Greetings from Germany
Nick

sent from my iPhone
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved suit Swimming [kennick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the purpose of the sleeved aero tri suit is to be very aero on the bike.

this hinges on the fit, a tight fit, especially in the shoulders and neck.

an ill-fitting suit can actually COST you watts compared to a normal trisuit.

swimming uses the arms and shoulders, and is very constricted by a sleeved suit.

swimming stretches out the sleeved suit in the shoulders and neck, exactly where you DON'T want it to be stretched.

finally, a quality swimskin like HUUB or Roka is probably a few second/100m faster than a sleeved tri suit

draw your own conclusions.

kennick wrote:
Hey guys!
Just a quick question I couldn't find an answer here.

I will run a Scody Optimise AIR trisuit in the upcoming season. (Multiple sprints, olys and two 70.3)
For me living in Germany, interesting is: the german triathlon union changed its rules for the swim.
In non wetsuit swims arms can be covered till the elbow.

source for those understanding german:( http://tri-mag.de/...-sportordnung-134729 )

Now my question:
Can I swim in the sleeved suit sleeves down, or should I wear my swimskin (suit open at the top) ? I read that the scody is quiet thin and will be worn of really fast.
Other possibility is getting a sleeveless "normal" suit, when i don't want to wear that swimskin.

I don't have that much experience with sleeved suits, so any comment will be welcome ;)

Greetings from Germany
Nick

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply