Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sleeved suit 70.3
Quote | Reply
So, the race guide for 70.3 New Orleans seems to say that if it's wetsuit legal, I can wear whatever I want, including my sleeved trisuit and my sleeveless wetsuit. But if it's not wetsuit legal, I can't wear my sleeved tri skinsuit? How can this be when we see people race all the time in sleeves whether or not it's wetsuit legal?
Quote Reply
Re: Sleeved suit 70.3 [trev699] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can race with sleeves.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can use sleeves. Their athlete guide is just straight up incorrect.

The rule is clothing covering below the elbow is illegal, and not the shoulder as they incorrectly state in the athlete guide.

Per Ironman 2017 Competitive Rules, Section 4.03 (e) and (f):

(e) Swimwear must not cover the neck, must not extend past the elbow, and must not extend past the knees; (DSQ) and (f) A textile race kit may be worn underneath swimwear, provided, however, that the textile race kit must not extend past the elbow and must not extend past the knees. (DSQ)

I'd shoot them an email telling them their guide is wrong. This rule has been in place since either 2015 or 2016.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Sep 29, 17 4:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They've updated the Athlete Guide to include the current WTC rule, which allows sleeves to the elbow.

The race guide now reads: "When the use of wetsuits is prohibited, clothing covering any part of the arms below the elbows and clothing covering any of the leg below the knee is deemed illegal and is not permitted during the swim segment of the Race but may be worn after completion of the swim segment."

http://www.ironman.com/~/media/2ad2a34881924f6fb6491eeef30ffe48/2017%20%20%20im%2070%203%20nola%20%20%20guide%20final%20rev101217.pdf

<The Dew Abides>
Last edited by: dewman: Oct 16, 17 10:25
Quote Reply