Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Skinsuits in Kona
Quote | Reply
After Luke McKenzie took second last year wearing a skinsuit I knew they'd quickly take off. This year I see them on Kienle, Frondeno, Hoffman (thus the entire men's podium), Gina Crawford, Leanda Cave, Rachel Joyce, Paul Matthews, Tim O'Donnell, Mckenzie (again),Aernouts, Bozzone, Schildknecht, Gina Crawford, Marko Albert, Victor Morales, Matt Russell, Liz Blatchford, Llanos, Starky, Crowie, among others.

Are there any additional manufacturers jumping on the tri skinsuit bandwagon yet? I think this year, we'll certainly get some fast, new kits after the prominence in the big race.

Are the athletes swimming with the suits rolled down to their waist or putting on the tops in t1? I didn't see that part of the race.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Skinsuits in Kona [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Also missed the swim, but I think Frodo put his on in transition at least.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not an option for the men but it was interesting that Ryf went without a skinsuit so she could remove the shirt for the run.

if you can develop a skinsuit that doesn't produce any extra heat on the run, that would be a big advantage, especially for someone planning to be solo on the bike

between a bike jersey that had lots of kinks in it, road helmet, and frame pump, I think we could aero weenie Ryf the win.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends on what they had. Some had full suits where they had to roll the sleeves down under their speed suit and then put the sleeves back on in T1. I saw some people riding with a Castelli T1 Stealth which was Leanda Cave and Tim O'Donnell I believe. They just put those on in T1 and take them off in T2

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In a wetsuit legal race would it be best to swim with the [short] sleeves on or would that restrict should movement too much?

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Skinsuits in Kona [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ryf needs to go see TriRig for a "PIMP MY BIKE" episode.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
In a wetsuit legal race would it be best to swim with the [short] sleeves on or would that restrict should movement too much?

Sleeves on. The super thin lycra of a skinsuit is insignificant compared to the thickness of the neoprene and nylon jersey material of even the best wetsuits.

The top also works as a rash guard against some of the chafing shoulder seams in wetsuits.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It depends who you ask. I believe Rapp implied that he believed it did to an extent. In my experience it hasn't slowed me down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:

Whether or not a sleeved suit would be restrictive on the swim depends on the cut of the suit, as well as the material used. Not all "lycra" is created equal.

VALÄ’RE | YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Skinsuits in Kona [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Ryf needs to go see TriRig for a "PIMP MY BIKE" episode.

She could just spend a couple hours on Slowtwitch and gather all she needs.... or just spend 15 minutes to read her thread.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply