Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sizing Cervelo P3C vs. Kestrel Talson SL
Quote | Reply
I went to my LBS to find out more about the Cervelo P2C/P3C and I'm concerned that the recommended frame size may be a bit too big for me as I've had a different recommendation from another shop. I suffer from long leg relative to torso length.

I currently ride a 48cm Kestrel Talon SL in the road position, but I've had pursuit bars and bar-end shifters mounted for IM training. I've ridden the Talon for 3 seasons. While I love the Talon for road, I find that I can't get very low when setup for tri. Also the handling is not as great as in the road setup. I run a 70mm stem to provide the correct reach. The LBS recommended a 51 Cervelo because of my Inseam length and because they feel that 700C should always be the choice over 650 wheels, if possible. However, I'm a little concerned that this frame size may be too big. (The shop is not FIST certified, but they have a good reputation).

My measurements:

Inseam 80cm
Trunk 56.5cm
Forearm 31cm
Arm 60cm
Thigh 56.6cm
Lower Leg 51
Sternal notch 135
Total Body Height 162
Weight 110lbs

Your thoughts would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Re: Sizing Cervelo P3C vs. Kestrel Talson SL [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it were me..... I would get a pre-bike FIST fit done. It will either confirm your LBS sizing recomendations or save you a ton of cash buying an ill fitting bike.

Life's too short to have a bike that isn't perfect for you.

Best wishes in your quest.

Paul "Speedy" Gonsalves
http://www.rollingthundercanada.com
RollingThunderCanada

Canadian distributor for HED Cycling, Blue Competition, Akona Biospeed & Aerus Composites

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frame size is a much more important factor that the wheel size. I find it incredible that anyone would advise you to ride a frame that's too big just to get on 700s. Maybe change your bike choice...OK but don't worry about the wheel size.

From the bikes you have narrowed it down to, it looks like you have read (and understood) the articles on the front page about smaller bikes. IMO from reading those articles I concluded that Kestrel had a slight edge when it came to your size (and I'm a P3C guy) but get a proper pre purchase fit done and then take it from there. If your LBS isn't properly certified to do this, or doesn't give enough importance to the correct fit and position the do yourself a favour and go somewhere else.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TriRaceBook.com
Hawaii Qualification Analysis
Quote Reply
Re: Sizing Cervelo P3C vs. Kestrel Talson SL [Gandalf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your input. I will get a pre-fit FIST done. It is true that it would burn to spend all that cash and get a poor fit. Buying a bike is not as easy as one would think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride a 51cm P3C and a 52cm Talon road bike. Both fit well. I am 5'8" barefoot and have a 31.2 inch inseam. I could have went with a 54 P3 but would choose a smaller size if in between sizes.
Quote Reply