Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Significant HR drop when training
Quote | Reply
I thought I'd just put this out there in case anyone has experienced the same and can help me. When I train mostly this happens on the bike my hr continually drops throughout the session despite increasing power. As an example today I did a 90min ride the first 30mins was average of 245watts my hr during this first 30mins was mostly between 134-139 for the next hour I increased power to 255 watts my hr steadily dropped into the 120 range and then In the last 20mins or so it dropped to the 117-119 sorta range. So my hr dropped by 20bpm over a 90 min session and this is not a one off it happens all the time. After the first 30mins or so of riding it will slowly keep dropping? Is this normal or what is wrong ?
Last edited by: Bone crusher: May 23, 15 3:15
Quote Reply
Re: Significant HR drop when training [Bone crusher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bone crusher wrote:
I thought I'd just put this out there in case anyone has experienced the same and can help me. When I train mostly this happens on the bike my hr continually drops throughout the session despite increasing power. As an example today I did a 90min ride the first 30mins was average of 245watts my hr during this first 30mins was mostly between 134-139 for the next hour I increased power to 255 watts my hr steadily dropped into the 120 range and then In the last 20mins or so it dropped to the 117-119 sorta range. So my hr dropped by 20bpm over a 90 min session and this is not a one off it happens all the time. After the first 30mins or so of riding it will slowly keep dropping? Is this normal or what is wrong ?

It's not normal at all from my experience. Questions- What power meter are you using? There would seem to be a drift in the value its giving you. If anything your heart rate should show a drift upwards over time.
edit- If this is on the computer bike at the gym, the power it's showing is not not consistent with what it's demanding over time. The resistance is drifting downward a good deal.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Last edited by: sciguy: May 23, 15 4:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bone crusher wrote:

I would suspect that there is a problem with your heart rate monitor setup.

Simplify, Train, Live
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is virtually impossible. Something has to be wrong with the PM. Was your speed showing a corresponding increase when you increased the power 10W?

<We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak>
Quote Reply
Re: Significant HR drop when training [dmacandcheese] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey guys yer this is on a computer bike in gym so power must be drifting downwards or something. The power is always reading consistently but it must also consistently drop or something. But even if I hold the same power for an hour for example there will still be a significant drop in hr after 20-30mins
Quote Reply