Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Side Mount pedals
Quote | Reply
For the last 6 months I have been testing a new pedal system called Side Mount pedal (SMP) by Pasadena Bicyle Manufacturing Co.

It took a little getting used to but now I really like the power transfer feel I get and the fact that the float pivots off the alignment of the big toe and not the center of the ball of the foot. I have some nerve problems in the ball of my right foot. These pedals really help to lesson the problem.

I have also been able to lower me seat and bar position by about an 1 1/2" which to reduce wind resistance.

Anyone else had any experence with this pedal system.
Quote Reply
Re: Side Mount pedals [Felt Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is a long thread on SMP's. Do a search for it. Maybe about 1 month ago... Same observations -- much lower position being the most notable...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair on my Tri bike. I love 'em, but I found I liked them better with the float eliminated. (screw down the set screw.) They also made my soft ride a better fit. HUh? The beam height and top tube were a little short since I went to 80-81 degrees. The lower saddle elininated those problems.

I do have a little problem clipping-in on an uphill. Time to try the 'Hi! Yo! Silver mount.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
For the last 6 months I have been testing a new pedal system called Side Mount pedal (SMP) by Pasadena Bicyle Manufacturing Co.

It took a little getting used to but now I really like the power transfer feel I get and the fact that the float pivots off the alignment of the big toe and not the center of the ball of the foot. I have some nerve problems in the ball of my right foot. These pedals really help to lesson the problem.

I have also been able to lower me seat and bar position by about an 1 1/2" which to reduce wind resistance.

Anyone else had any experence with this pedal system.

Shouldn't your post have read:

Quote:

Hi... my name is Felt Rider and I work for the Pasadena Bicyle Manufacturing Co. who produces the Side Mount pedal (SMP).
Quote Reply
Re: Side Mount pedals [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo

----------

Quote Reply
Re: Side Mount pedals [MojojojoMasterG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To MojojojoMasterG:

You wrote:

Quote:

"Shouldn't your post have read:
Hi... my name is Felt Rider and I work for the Pasadena Bicyle Manufacturing Co. who produces the Side Mount pedal (SMP)."

Quote:

MojojojoMasterG,

Just for your information, I am aware of who "Felt Rider" is.

He is an age graded triathlete who lives in Ohio and is NOT an employee of PBMC (Pasadena Bicycle Manufacturing Company).

"Felt Rider" is just an avid triathlete who took a chance on a new product (SMp) and is reaping the rewards.

I'm sorry you feel tainted by "Felt Rider's" positive post in this forum.

President of PBMC in Pasadena, California

Steve Lubanski

www.sidemountpedal.com
Quote Reply
Re: Side Mount pedals [SMp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
To MojojojoMasterG:

You wrote:

Quote:

"Shouldn't your post have read:
Hi... my name is Felt Rider and I work for the Pasadena Bicyle Manufacturing Co. who produces the Side Mount pedal (SMP)."

Quote:

MojojojoMasterG,

Just for your information, I am aware of who "Felt Rider" is.

He is an age graded triathlete who lives in Ohio and is NOT an employee of PBMC (Pasadena Bicycle Manufacturing Company).

"Felt Rider" is just an avid triathlete who took a chance on a new product (SMp) and is reaping the rewards.

I'm sorry you feel tainted by "Felt Rider's" positive post in this forum.

President of PBMC in Pasadena, California

Steve Lubanski

www.sidemountpedal.com
With his one and only post touting your product, no one here is surprised that you know who he is.
Quote Reply