Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Show me your tri room
Quote | Reply
I'm building a house with a dedicated tri room for myself and the missus, and I'm trying to figure out how to organize it. Between us, we have 4 bikes currently, and I wouldn't be shocked to see another pair joining the collection as both of us eye cyclocross in the fall and winter months. The room itself is 13' 1" x 10' 4.5", with an additional 9' x 2' of closet and a full bathroom adjoining, all of which I can pretty much do whatever I want with. My problem is that I need to figure out how to store all the tri gear, and still have the room functional as a training space, too. Ideally, I'd even be able to get a treadmill in here, but that seems unlikely given the dimensions and the need to keep at least one bike on a trainer almost all the time... and maybe even two.

So help a guy out - what's your tri room setup, preferably with dimensions, and how did you get there? I could use a pointer or three.

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your tri room [duckies] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
duckies wrote:
I'm building a house with a dedicated tri room for myself and the missus, and I'm trying to figure out how to organize it. Between us, we have 4 bikes currently, and I wouldn't be shocked to see another pair joining the collection as both of us eye cyclocross in the fall and winter months. The room itself is 13' 1" x 10' 4.5", with an additional 9' x 2' of closet and a full bathroom adjoining, all of which I can pretty much do whatever I want with. My problem is that I need to figure out how to store all the tri gear, and still have the room functional as a training space, too. Ideally, I'd even be able to get a treadmill in here, but that seems unlikely given the dimensions and the need to keep at least one bike on a trainer almost all the time... and maybe even two.

So help a guy out - what's your tri room setup, preferably with dimensions, and how did you get there? I could use a pointer or three.

So where are you planning to put your stuff? Are you wanting to look out the window or at a TV? Are you planning on storing all your bikes in the room too? I assume things like helmets, shoes, clothes will go in the closet.

I would either get sliding doors for the closet, or bifold, or remove the doors entirely. A good closet organizer will help a lot.

You should be able to fit a treadmill in there. Most of the ones I found were in the 6 1/2 to 7 1/2 feet range.

I just bought a house with a 3 car garage, and I'm looking to turn one of the stalls into a bike storage/trainer area. I'm going to put a TV against a wall and hook a FireTV stick and maybe a PC for Zwift or Training Roads. I'm building a bike rack that can hold 7 bikes. I'm in MN so I'll need to put a heater in there for the winter, in which case I will probably put up a divider so I'm only heating the workout/storage section.
Quote Reply