Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [thomps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow is it time to cut that steerer.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [aerojunkie2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just out of curiosity (and I'm really not trying to start $hit, here, although I fear that there's no way for me to ask this question without it coming across that way), have you tried a P3 and, if so, are you able to get a comfortable fit without spacers and/or an upturned stem? If yes, after looking at these pics, you'd be one of the only ones.

I'm not the most bike-savvy guy on this board, but why do so many buy a frame designed with such a low headtube, designed to be ridden with a very low front end, if you can't achieve that position? I just don't get it.

Steve

Steve

"If you ain't first, you're last." Reese Bobby Talladega Nights
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [The_Mickstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Because Stevey, I define my self-worth in how others view me - Geezus.

And FWIW, I believe that Gerard said here that 1inch or less of spacers on a P3 is clearly w/in the norm. No off the shelf bike is going to be a perfect fit.

I also have an SUV and never take it off road. But it does hold my family and lots of sport stuff quite nicely.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 53T DA ring?? You've got me totally confused...

I have a 55T Q-ring on there now (or it might be a 54 I forget) and the ratios are still pretty nice especially as I run a 12-27 for training in the rear:) Just rode our course for a race this weekend and I'm thinking of racing on the 12/27 too instead of the normal 11/23. There's one big monster hill on the course and no super fast downhills so I'm thinking sacrifice the top end for the climbing efficiency...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The head tube height would be one of the last features I would consider when buying a frame.

I would buy a frame because I like it, regardless if the headtube is too short. It is short for those who can ride it to its optimum low aero position, but no rules on those who will ride that low headtube with a few or alot of spacers.

Only my wallets capacity can tell me if I am allowed to buy it if or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was just picking on that 12/27, Tai...

But hey...I sometimes ride a 12/26 SRAM cassette...my training buddy gives me shit about it all the time... I just ask him when he's trading up from his little kiddie 650 wheels...

Anyway...the humor got lost in the mix...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The two P3's that I have owned

Member of the Litespeed Factory Team
www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [Orcaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright, I'll play along. Not exactly a closup, but a nice picture:

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [Trianthes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Stevey" - good one. What are you in 6th grade?

You (obviously) either can't read or don't understand English, so I won't waste my time with any sort of actual reply. Enjoy your bike.

Steve

Steve

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess so (head tube height being last feature to consider), and the P3 is a very cool bike, no doubt.

I just wonder if there is another frame from another manufacturer that may have the same frame features, but with a head tube height that is more "usable" without the compromise (multiple spacers and/or an upturned stem). Like I said, I'm not "up" on what all is out there, so I really don't know.

Hey, if you enjoy your bike, that's what it's all about anyway.

And, just for the record... I am definitely not anti-Cervelo. I just bought a new Dual at the end of June.

Steve

BTW, I just went back and looked at yours again. I thought that pic was stretched horizontally the first time I saw it. You're all torso! (Nice color scheme, too.)

Steve

Last edited by: The_Mickstar: Jul 20, 06 6:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, man. I tried a P3 at my LBS a couple of weeks ago. I'm in the lower fives for my height, so I really can't get low/have a flat back with spacers, and a upturned stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you made the right choice in frames, then. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Steve

Steve

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Sorry Chip, that's criminal treatment of an Audi!"

How about a roof rack? It would seem to be a much easier and practical solution.

Fleck

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice set up.

Is that a ski slope or your bike seat? I am a bit confused.

You might want to try leveling that out a bit.

Fleck

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nice set up.

Is that a ski slope or your bike seat? I am a bit confused.

You might want to try leveling that out a bit.

Fleck

I have tried to ride with the nose up higher and I find it is just not comfortable. I never have a problem sliding forward and can stay aero for the entire ride comfortably.

..maybe I should take up skiing as well as triathlon ;-)

www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I never have a problem sliding forward and can stay aero for the entire ride comfortably."

I am sure that you can, but you should look into trying to get a set up that would allow for a level or close to level saddle. Reason: It levels the hips and allow the hips and pelvis and stable platform from which to operate from. I almost gauratee you that you will be able to generate more power for longer that way than the way you are set up. Forget about the front end for the moment and just try that. A good professional fitter will operate this way. If they are not, I would question what they are doing.

Fleck

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many frame makers consider the Head Tube as a part of the whole bike, (steep or shallow, agressive or all day comfort, long legs or short). If you're picking a Head Tube that doesn't fit, you may be choosing a bike that doesn't fit.

I believe Dan Empfield says there are three measurement that determine bike fit, reach along with STA and head tube length; everything else determines ride qualities, chainstays, bb drop, fork rake.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just find that with the seat nose up it 1) is uncomfortable you know where and 2) to compensate for the discomfort I have to go up a few spacers with the bars and then my kph average goes down because I am not as aero. I am already at a steep angle and usually sit more towards the front of the seat. I found on my computrainer I could produce more watts in the position I am in and it shows in my times on the road. My last fit was done by a reputable fitter in Toronto (who thought my position was too aggressive) and we put the seat farther back (with the nose up) and raised the bars. I tried riding like this for 4-5 months but never was truly comfortable (my hips felt to "cramped" and my times weren't as good) and I ended up moving the seat forward and lowering the bars back to my old position (which was done by another reputable fitter). Almost overnight my times got better ..it seems to work for me. I also tried different seats as well. I don't know if I am just so used to the position that anything else seems foreign. I did just look at my current bike set-up and the nose does seem pretty close to level (just a slight nose down) so I think I am more level now than what the old P3 pics show.

The quest for the perfect fit goes on :-)

www.litespeed.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

race ready for this weekend!!!!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, I guess we know which color option Cervelo is using for 2007 ; )

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet. Would look better with matching 100s though :)

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your P3; [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nop .....this is home made special....not the 2007 version

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply

Prev Next