Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoulder problem
Quote | Reply
I was swimming 4 x per week fine for over 1.5 years. In this time I was also lifting weights (I enjoy it).

In October, I was out jogging and took a fall. Bruised my left finger and also left shoulder (but didn't feel that bad). I was swimming absolutely fine, no pain. The only thing I noticed was a slight bit of stiffness in the shoulder when doing weights. This passed after a warmup.

I continued doing weights and always noticed my shoulder was stiff (maybe a little painful - like a tight feeling) for the first few reps (when performing benchpress or shoulder exercises) but this always eased as the workout went on. I never felt any discomfort when swimming.

At the end of Dec, I figured the stiffness feeling was not a good sign. So I stopped weights and swimming.

My shoulder feels exactly the same, and it always feels stiff until I do some stretching etc.. when it then feels normal again. After a few hours, the stiffness returns.

I have no idea what this could be, any ideas?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Shoulder problem [PepperMill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PepperMill wrote:
I was swimming 4 x per week fine for over 1.5 years. In this time I was also lifting weights (I enjoy it).

In October, I was out jogging and took a fall. Bruised my left finger and also left shoulder (but didn't feel that bad). I was swimming absolutely fine, no pain. The only thing I noticed was a slight bit of stiffness in the shoulder when doing weights. This passed after a warmup.

I continued doing weights and always noticed my shoulder was stiff (maybe a little painful - like a tight feeling) for the first few reps (when performing benchpress or shoulder exercises) but this always eased as the workout went on. I never felt any discomfort when swimming.

At the end of Dec, I figured the stiffness feeling was not a good sign. So I stopped weights and swimming.

My shoulder feels exactly the same, and it always feels stiff until I do some stretching etc.. when it then feels normal again. After a few hours, the stiffness returns.

I have no idea what this could be, any ideas?

Thanks

Shoulders are a tough joint to solve. I would lay off it for a bit unless you feel you can continue on. I had a minor injury in my shoulder that began in June and subsided in November. I found that using a lacrosse ball and really finding the source of the pain and working on it helped out a bunch. You could also go the route of MD - PT - MRI, but that will take some time. It's really your choice depending on how bad it is hurting you. Best of luck