Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Short course back zip trisuit recommendations
Quote | Reply
With is years ITU rules (confusingly) stating that for short course races your trisuit must be back zipped, im looking for a new trisuit

Zone3, 2xu, huub, zoot all seem to offer a back zipped option

Any recommendations?

I'm not going anywhere near anything huub though! my current huub trisuit is horrid

2.8 Uniform:

1. a.) This line is intentionally omitted;

2. b.) Uniforms are not permitted to display any kind of demonstration of political, religious or racial propaganda;

3. c.) Competitors must follow the following rules with respect to wearing uniforms:

1. (i) Competitors must wear the uniform during the entire competition;

2. (ii) The uniform must cover the whole torso in the front. The back may be uncovered from the waist up;

3. (iii) This line is intentionally omitted;

4. (iv) Covering the legs below the knees is not allowed in the swim segment when the use of wetsuits is forbidden,
      but is allowed in the swim segment when the use of wetsuits is allowed. It is also allowed in all the other
      segments;

5. (v) Where a two-piece uniform is used, the space between the top and the bottom may be not visible, so the two
      pieces overlap. The competitor must cover their torso during the entire race with the exception of the swim
      section; this includes front zips being completely fastened during the cycle and run segments.

6. (vi) If the suit has a zipper it will be located at the back (except for middle and long distance events) and will not
      be longer than 40cm. Competitors wearing a front zip suit must ensure it remains fully done up for the
      duration of competition.

7. (vii) The uniform must be worn over both shoulders for the duration of the competition;

(viii) This line is intentionally omitted;

1. (ix) Rain jackets are permitted, however the competitor must ensure their race number is still visible at all
      times;

2. (x) This line is intentionally omitted;

3. (xi) Thermal gloves and boots are not permitted unless an exception request has been applied for. A medical note
      stating the reason must be submitted to the Event Organiser and Technical Official on the day of the event.

4. d.) For reasons of religion, competitors are allowed to have the body totally covered (except the face) provided that:

1. (i) The uniform material is approved by FINA (applicable only for the non-wetsuit swim);

2. (ii) The uniform will not interfere with the bicycle mechanisms;

http://www.britishtriathlon.org/...ompetition_rules.pdf

-

http://www.thetrinerd.com
Last edited by: Anth: Feb 14, 16 3:33
Quote Reply
Re: Short course back zip trisuit recommendations [Anth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwami offers a lot of great options. I'd check them out.

Quote | Reply
Kiwami and Zerrod are two choices that you'll see dominating the men and women's field at the draft legal races.

In addition to those two and the others listed, off the top of my head Desoto, Blueseventy, TYR, LG and Orca all make an ITU compliant rear zip suit

I believe that rule is for those racing elite at ITU races, or Worlds. BTA may be more strict than USAT on kit though. If they are that's awesome. I wish USAT would follow that lead. No one wants to see man boobs.

USAT is much more permissive..on a lot of things.

Hope those options helps you find what you want.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Feb 14, 16 6:24
Quote Reply