Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shoes..is it worth the splurge
Quote | Reply
Hi

So I've been looking for new cyclingshoes for a while now because I'm on some old fizik r5b's at the moment. They never were a perfect fit and i get sleepy feet because there is only one boa.

Now the problem I have with almost all shoes is that i have a very skinny ankle with a wider forefoot, which causes my heel to slip.

I've tried shimano, fizik, giro, gaerne, sidi,... but really the only shoe that felt like a glove was the sworks 6 shoe.
Now the only problem with these is that they're a so tight to get on that I'm not sure if i'll get em on fast enough in a race to keep up with the lead pack.
I've looked at trivents but i want to use the shoes in winter aswell so they're a no-go.

Kind of looking for input here. They fit me like no other shoe. But they're so bleeding expensive i'm having to convince myself that it will lead to greater comfort and thus performance. Help me out here slowtwitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Shoes..is it worth the splurge [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fusion wrote:
Hi

So I've been looking for new cyclingshoes for a while now because I'm on some old fizik r5b's at the moment. They never were a perfect fit and i get sleepy feet because there is only one boa.

Now the problem I have with almost all shoes is that i have a very skinny ankle with a wider forefoot, which causes my heel to slip.

I've tried shimano, fizik, giro, gaerne, sidi,... but really the only shoe that felt like a glove was the sworks 6 shoe.
Now the only problem with these is that they're a so tight to get on that I'm not sure if i'll get em on fast enough in a race to keep up with the lead pack.
I've looked at trivents but i want to use the shoes in winter aswell so they're a no-go.

Kind of looking for input here. They fit me like no other shoe. But they're so bleeding expensive i'm having to convince myself that it will lead to greater comfort and thus performance. Help me out here slowtwitch.

Check out the Specialized Torch 3.0. Just picked some up this week and they are great shoes with a fit similar to the S-Works but lower prices. And they have a larger toe box which gives some breathing room. $200....
Quote Reply
Re: Shoes..is it worth the splurge [Fusion] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't worn these shoes, but I have suffered a lot from ill fitting shoes (as in, hopping around screaming after long rides). I firmly believe that the right shoe is worth the money, period.

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply