Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiv fuelselage bladder sour taste
Quote | Reply
Any ideas how to get rid of the sour taste of water in a new Shiv bladder? I've tried baking soda soaks 3 times, white vinegar 2 times, chlorine once. It is better now, but filling and leaving overnight is still distasteful and even filling just before a ride it is bad an hour or two later.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv fuelselage bladder sour taste [wackerb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I noticed that too and started putting less in the bladder and refiling more often on my training rides, after a few weeks though it seemed to stop doing it. I had a few rides and a drive where I got caught in the rain at the end of that period. The drive the top was open and bladder was out which got some water into the frame, I dried it out and that seemed to be about the time I noticed it was gone.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv fuelselage bladder sour taste [josh_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
josh_c wrote:
I noticed that too and started putting less in the bladder and refiling more often on my training rides, after a few weeks though it seemed to stop doing it. I had a few rides and a drive where I got caught in the rain at the end of that period. The drive the top was open and bladder was out which got some water into the frame, I dried it out and that seemed to be about the time I noticed it was gone.

I have had my shiv for 2.5 years and always use it. I lived in fl for much of that time. If I haven't used it in a week I will run vinegar it bleach. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for crappy tasting water.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv fuelselage bladder sour taste [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheForge wrote:

I have had my shiv for 2.5 years and always use it. I lived in fl for much of that time. If I haven't used it in a week I will run vinegar it bleach. Maybe I just have a high tolerance for crappy tasting water.

I am in orlando so I know the quality water you speak of. In this case for me it was almost like an absorption a taste from the frame to the bladder when it was full and sweating. The bladder alone did not have the taste I am speaking of and it would only show up after about an hour into the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv fuelselage bladder sour taste [josh_c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouc spent millions to create a reverse osmosis system so you would brag about their water. Trust me, I was an auditor there ;). But everyone else's water was bad.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply