Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shiv TT questions
Quote | Reply
hey guys... just recently picked up a Shiv TT and I'm trying to get it pieced together for some TT races, but I'm having the hardest time ordering/getting parts because of the fact that Specialized also named the Triathlon specific bike with the "Shiv" name and apparently that confuses the heck out of people trying to differentiate between the two.

i'm looking for a new base bar for the Shiv TT. My current base bar has some red and white graphics on it and the pods tilt slightly up. I've also seen pictures of the Shiv TT module bikes with a flat base bar. Does anyone have a part # for this bar? My local shop ordered a base bar but its for the non-TT Shiv and won't fit my stem. The stem that does fit that bar won't fit the steerer on my bike. My shop is telling me that the Specialized parts person is saying the bars were a recall but again all of the info I am seeing says this is in reference to the non-TT Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Shiv TT questions [cloak&dagger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran into similar problems, but from the other side (ride a tri shiv). Solution was to switch LBSs. New shop knew exactly what they were doing, and the confusion magically went away.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Besides the Spec bars for the Shiv TT (as above, a good "S" Dealer should get you sorted) the USE R1 bars will also fit the shiv TT. A friend was going to buy one and had researched bars a lot and was convinced the Zipp Vuka Aero's would also fit, but I'm not sure about that.

I think some of the bars were year dependent, and possibly also team issue.

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USE is the only replacement I know of. If you are mildly resourceful you just cut the curve out and re-wrap with carbon fiber. All-in-all I never thought Specialized did a good job with the cockpit on the Shiv TT/nosecone, so I would be one the lookout for a USE part setup.

I have generally found that Specialized has been good at stocking replacement parts, or maybe I am just lucky. Your shop has probably never seen one before so they should talk to the warehouse when ordering to make sure you are getting the right parts.
Quote Reply