Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shipping power meter from US to Australia
Quote | Reply
Hi I'm just after some advice please.

Have had a few things shipped from the us in the last 12 months. Roka and SLF products and the max I paid was $50 us for a large box from Roka.

My quarq bit the bullet a couple months back and I sent it off to quarq in Spearfish to have a look at. Cost me $22 aud.

Quarq have agree my unit is broken and offered an exchange (as its out of warranty) on one of the new d zero units. With carbon cranks it is $699 us which is about $920 aud right now. We pay taxes on any purchase over $1000aud.

My issue is I have been quoted $150 us for shipping the unit here. Does this seem extreme to anyone who has posted anything out of the us and particularly to Australia?

I appreciate some advice as I'd like to get another quarq unit but this seems like an excessive amounts to pay for shipping.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping power meter from US to Australia [Brett runs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds like they are quoting you for UPS or FedEx shipping.

Tell them you want it shipped via Priority Mail and it should be about $60.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brett runs wrote:

Have had a few things shipped from the us in the last 12 months. Roka and SLF products and the max I paid was $50 us for a large box from Roka.

My quarq bit the bullet a couple months back and I sent it off to quarq in Spearfish to have a look at. Cost me $22 aud.

Quarq have agree my unit is broken and offered an exchange (as its out of warranty) on one of the new d zero units. With carbon cranks it is $699 us which is about $920 aud right now. We pay taxes on any purchase over $1000aud.

My issue is I have been quoted $150 us for shipping the unit here. Does this seem extreme to anyone who has posted anything out of the us and particularly to Australia?

I appreciate some advice as I'd like to get another quarq unit but this seems like an excessive amounts to pay for shipping.

I use Australia posts Shopmate service, works really well. Should be no more than $30.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping power meter from US to Australia [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that out of the US? I'll do a goggle search and send the link to quarq and see if they might do that for me.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping power meter from US to Australia [zedzded] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks ive looked into this now and it looks like a much better option. Also realised the freight isn't included in the value when calculating duty so it's all good.

zedzded wrote:
Brett runs wrote:

I use Australia posts Shopmate service, works really well. Should be no more than $30.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brett runs wrote:
Is that out of the US? I'll do a goggle search and send the link to quarq and see if they might do that for me.

You sign up on Australia Post's website for free, you get a US postbox which you use as the delivery address at checkout, when that arrives in the postbox you'll get an email, you then logon to the Shopmate website and there will be an order notification, you click on that, pay the shipping and it will then be shipped to your Australian address. Works really and pretty straight forward. I've also found a lot of US sites ships free within North America so you generally only have to pay shipping to Australia.
Quote Reply