Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shipping Gear bag with Tribike Transport?
Quote | Reply
Anyone ever ship their gear with their bike? We may be headed to Cozumel for my wife to race. Traveling with two kids and their stuff, not to mention photography gear. Would like to make life as easy as possible. Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Gear bag with Tribike Transport? [equaine642] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done it twice. Great for flying and not having to worry about cramming all of the essentials into your luggage. I think it is worth the little bit extra.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Gear bag with Tribike Transport? [thetriranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep….totally worth it. You can also put CO2 in your bag, which you cannot take on the plan (not certain about Cozumel, but you can for domestic races).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure gear bags are not allowed for Mexico. They allow a wheel bag with only a wheel in it. At least that was the deal when I did Cabo this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't see the point in paying TBT $35 for something I can bring on the plane for free. I just put all my gear in my triathlon backpack and carry it on. Free and always in my possession.

Wheel bag is a different story.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Gear bag with Tribike Transport? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:
Yep….totally worth it. You can also put CO2 in your bag, which you cannot take on the plan (not certain about Cozumel, but you can for domestic races).
x2

Of equal value to the bike shipment. I do a light carry on for the flight and it simplifies everything. Used it for Arizona and CdA. The next best thing to driving yourself.

Swim - Bike - Run the rest is just clothing changes.
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Gear bag with Tribike Transport? [NeverEnough] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NeverEnough wrote:

Or you could just leave the CO2's on your bike and TBT transports both your bike and CO2. I'm a crazy outside the box thinker like that. ;-)

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same as someone else said. Last year in Cozumel they did not take gear bags.

Swimmer
http://www.usprotri.com/LAMASTRA.html
http://www.bodyphyxinternational.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
equaine642 wrote:
Anyone ever ship their gear with their bike? We may be headed to Cozumel for my wife to race. Traveling with two kids and their stuff, not to mention photography gear. Would like to make life as easy as possible. Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately, we can't take gear bags to international events at this time (except for Canada). The reason is that we have to declare every item of value with both US and the destination country's customs, in this case Mexico. To keep customs clearance as simple as possible and minimize the chances of a discrepancy that might cause a delayed clearance, we've decided not to take gear bags. Thank you.

Marc

Marc Lauzon, President
TriBike Transport
http://www.tribiketransport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Shipping Gear bag with Tribike Transport? [Marc L] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marc L wrote:
equaine642 wrote:

Unfortunately, we can't take gear bags to international events at this time (except for Canada). The reason is that we have to declare every item of value with both US and the destination country's customs, in this case Mexico. To keep customs clearance as simple as possible and minimize the chances of a discrepancy that might cause a delayed clearance, we've decided not to take gear bags. Thank you.

Marc

Marc,

Thanks for clearing that up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
done it every time. Can ship everything in that bag including nutrition
Quote Reply