Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shifter and Brake Cable options
Quote | Reply
Just re-cabled my Trek SC with Jagwire Pro brake and shifter housings. They're great but a bit stiff and I wonder when I have to break my bike down if they'll be prone to kinking. It seems the "better" shift/brake cables are stiffer.

So I ran across a linked cabling system... Jagwire calls theirs Elite Link, Alligator makes an iLink and there's Nokon from what I can tell in that line of products. It sounds likes its pretty flexible stuff and after the initial investment you only have to replace the liners and cables.. maybe ends.

Wondering if it is worth the investment or if there are other flexible options that might work well and still be flexible.
Quote Reply
Re: Shifter and Brake Cable options [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Back when I was a real weight-weenie, I switched to Nokons. Nice 100+ gram savings. Shifting on the original SRAM Force and Red was not satisfactory to me.

Now, I just match the housing to the bike...
Quote Reply
Re: Shifter and Brake Cable options [xeon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nokons are my go to brake housing-- lighter and stiffer and far more flexible than traditional cable housing.

But I stick with Shimano SP-41 housing for cable shifting you give up some flexibility to the segmented housing, but it seems to be the best combination of performance, weight and flexibility.

Suffer Well.
Last edited by: jmh: Feb 21, 17 9:36
Quote Reply
Re: Shifter and Brake Cable options [jmh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestion... so the links for brakes, and the Shimano cable for shift.
Quote Reply