Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shanna Armstrong
Quote | Reply
Less than a week after winning the womens division in the RAAM she has raced the Buffalo Springs triathlon finishing in 6:02. Amazing recovery just to get to the starting line. I think that after an event like RAAM I would need a very long break.
Quote Reply
Re: Shanna Armstrong [konaby2008] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is incredible. I agree. When you think about the sleep deprivation, the odd eating habits and the saddle time you would think a few weeks of rest would be in order.

Pretty darn impressive. One thing for sure, she isn't hurting for aerobic base miles!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hummmmm...mixed feelings on this one. Her body hasn't recovered yet.

I wouldn't call this impressive, borderline stupid...IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My understanding was that she was doing the swim portion of a relay!? Very impressive none the less!! :)
Quote Reply
Re: Shanna Armstrong [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that she was doing a swim relay as well, so I was surpirsed while scanning through the results that she had done the whole race!

http://ironman.com/...ngs70.3&bib=1064
Quote Reply
Re: Shanna Armstrong [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of the things ultra people do could be considered "stupid".

Deca ironman 24m swim, 1120m bike, 262m run?

I think its very impressive and very stupid at the same time (stupid to me meaning totally incomprehensible, physically destroying, and mentally ridiculous).

Ultra people are just hatched from a different egg; they get turned on by things that would bore me to tears.. but hey, different strokes I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Shanna Armstrong [Kestrelkerri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if she did the swim on a relay and then reported all of the splits under her name. On the results page it lists her age as 0, maybe that is a sign that it was not in the individual results. Or maybe her age being listed as 0 indicates a last minute decision?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now I have seen it all ! Although it appears she walked alot of the run, she will have to do some runs off the bike during RAAM next year.
Quote Reply