Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seven Axiom Steel
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with this bike? I am giving serious consideration to getting a discounted 2005 model by the end of the year.
Is this a good all-around bike? What is it not good at?

Let me know what you think.
Quote Reply
Re: Seven Axiom Steel [IMakeSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one has any scoop???

Come on people!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a couple locals have them, and i came close to getting the wife one last year.

it is a kick ass steel bike. about the only thing that you could say against one is that they are overpriced, being sevens and all . . . . . if you are swinging one for a sweet deal that is covered.

sometimes in certain crowds hardcore guys will enjoy bagging on sevens and their owners as being soft pompous suburban white guys. all in fun, ya know ? altho, seven did win a SOPWAMTOS award at interbike this year for being " the company most obsessed with rich middle age white men ".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Seven steel road bike - not an Axiom and not a custom bike, though. It was a floor model that I got at a discount from my LBS.

I would say yes, it is a very good all-around road bike. It rides and handles very nicely when used as it was intended. I used it for triathlons for two seasons and, while it was serviceable with clip-on aerobars and a forward seat post, it was pretty obvious that it was not designed to be ridden that way (squirrelly handling in the aero position). However, I've used it at one point or another for commuting, century rides, the Mt. Washington hillclimb, and triathlons up to 1/2 IM distance - so it has served me well.

Of course, my points probably apply to road bikes in general, not just this road bike. But, if the price is right, Seven makes very nice bikes. Would this be a custom or "signature size" frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Seven Axiom Steel [redserotta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice bikes, but there are probably a hundred other American builders that make nice steel bikes too.
Quote Reply