Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Seattle People - Help with a run?
Quote | Reply
I am going to be in Seattle this coming week for a few days. Any locals care to help direct me to the most enjoyable / scenic runs in the area? Will be my first time up there.

Dirt is ideal, but city runs on pavement are ok too.

I am staying sort of near the airport. Vising one prospect well north of the city and one well east of the city, so is there is a killer place to run in the surrounding area that might work as well.

thanks in advance.

Tim

Quote Reply
Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [RockChalk1406] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think there is anything pretty sorta near the airport. It's hard to give recommendations with that vague of a description of where you will be. At least tell us town names. Redmond? Issaquah? North Bend? Edmunds? Everett?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you aren't afraid of elevation gain - Mt Si (near north bend) or little Si are cool runs.

Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [tridana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how long do you want to run?
You can do a Mt Si - Mailbox double if you are adventurous - and that will net you just over 9K in climbing over 18 miles.
You can also start near NorthBend and head on the John Wayne trail and pretty much keep going all the way to Idaho if your heart so desired.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seward Park and Lake Washington Blvd from I-90 south to Seward park are nice lake Views; Seward Park can be either hilly or flat.

East Lake Sammamish trail is flat and has a lake view; parts might be closed for paving.

Snoqualmie Valley trail from North Bend up to Rattlesnake lake is quite pretty and not too steep - maybe 1% or so up to the lake.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [chrisesposito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, staying in Renton near Sea-Tac.

Day 1 driving north to Blaine, then back to Seattle
Day 2 driving about 3 hours east, to lake chelan, then back to Seattle.

Planning to take my gear with me so if there is a great run spot after my appointments I can change in the car and go for a run

Looks like I will drive right by Mt Si on my way home on day two, so that looks like the winner that day.

Tim

Last edited by: RockChalk1406: Jul 19, 14 18:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I travel to Seattle often and stay at the airport doubletree, easiest run is the Des Moines Creek trail. Run south (away from airport) on International Blvd, take a right on 200th st. Go down the hill and at the bottom of the hill on the left is the trailhead for the Des Moines Creek trail. It takes you SW and comes out at the sound.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another awesome place to trail run is Cougar Mtn. Beautiful trails with hills, views, history (i.e old mines, old anti-aircraft missile site) Hands down my favorite place to trail run in the metro Seattle area. Can be accessed a few miles off of I-405N from Renton or I-90.

Directions can be found at this link: http://www.kingcounty.gov/...nventory/cougar.aspx

Trail map: http://your.kingcounty.gov/...ugarMtn_brochure.pdf
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Echo ridge above lake chelan. Beautiful, great trails. Not sure if smokey due to all the fires. I think they are farther north, bur check beforehand.

To clarify, I should say I have only snow shoe hiked and did a snow shoe race up there and it was amazing. I haven't actually run the trails in the summer, but they put on trail races there and it is supposed to be great. Just about a 20-30 min drive from the center of Chelan
Last edited by: Dnowak: Jul 20, 14 14:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure you know what you're getting into w "running" mt si. It's a pretty difficult up and down. Beautiful at the top though also can be crowded w hikers this time of year...

Fkt is something like 40 up and 33 down, local yokel named uli... Perspective on what it means to be truly elite.

If you're going by mt si, you'll also go past cougar as someone else said, a great run, captures the northwest and tons more enjoyable.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [ccddmm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this thread.

Will be headed out in late Sept for a few days and will be staying downtown. Are there any easily accessible trails / running paths by the water or around the city for a long run?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [Fluffyfin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the seattle water front has a path you can run on. OR take the water taxi from downtown to Alki and run there. Both are flat runs
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [ccddmm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ccddmm wrote:
Make sure you know what you're getting into w "running" mt si. It's a pretty difficult up and down. Beautiful at the top though also can be crowded w hikers this time of year...

Fkt is something like 40 up and 33 down, local yokel named uli... Perspective on what it means to be truly elite.

If you're going by mt si, you'll also go past cougar as someone else said, a great run, captures the northwest and tons more enjoyable.
40 minutes up to Mt Si summit (I assume he didn't scramble up the summit pyramid)? Daym. That's impressive. My PR for Tiger No 3 is 35 up and 25 down and I thought that was fast....

It's an old topic I didn't see originally or I would have recommended Cedar River trail, and Interurban trail. Both right there in Renton.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [heliskyr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Cougar Mountain. A little bit of a drive but if done early you don't
deal with too much traffic. Good trials, easy to follow.
Quote Reply
Re: Seattle People - Help with a run? [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
uli = uli stiedl... his PRs tend to fall into the "impressive" category.
Quote Reply