Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Wifeofatriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm done with mine and could part with it for the right price. I could put the standard stem on the frame for resale.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [BBAddict] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm me a price we can go from there
Last edited by: Wifeofatriguy: Mar 4, 17 10:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you PM me pictures of both standard stems and your other one? The previous owner of my bike didn't include the original stem
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
im looking for the standard 90mm.

anybody? i have an 80 will sell or trade.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [cjb3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could I see pics of the 80?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [draxula16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry for the self-reply, can't figure out how to post on mobile. Any idea what size the headset bearing is? Thanks y'all!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Tryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just finished building my Plasma 3. I matched the position off my old P5 numbers, but the fit isn't completely dialed in yet.

Last edited by: NOLA_TRI: Apr 30, 17 9:08
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [NOLA_TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why the change from the P5? I thought that was a generation on from the Plasma 3?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, since you were wondering...

Before:

After:

Lesson learned: don't ever use Thule roof mounted bike racks for aero frames... I hit a cross wind on the highway and the rack had a complete and catastrophic failure of the rear wheel holder/tray and the bike went flying. I spoke with Thule about the product failure and they basically told me "tough shit"... as a result I installed a hitch on my car and now use a Swagman XTC rack which functions 1000x better
Last edited by: NOLA_TRI: Apr 30, 17 13:30
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [NOLA_TRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noooooo not a sight any bike lover wants to see!

Something similar happened to a club mate years ago driving home on the motorway after a race. ĂŒ think all they found was a piece of the head tube - guessing the rest was embedded into a truck off to the ferry / channel tunnel.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any idea if this stem will work on a 2012 Plasma 30 (non premium)? https://www.ebay.com/itm/382071862388 Love the stem that comes with the premium but can't seem to find it online. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [draxula16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, the steer tube diameter is 1 inch on the shark-tooth, while standard road bike has a 1 1/8 inch steer tube; so unfortunately, it won't fit

the link you provided is for the new Scott Foil, and it has a 1 1/4 inch steer tube
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can someone remind me what discs wheels won't fit the Plasma? I vaguely recall certain Zipp discs being too wide, but what about Hed Jet, Stinger, etc?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [sesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post a closeup in the spacers under the albow pads? looks like you are able to tilt the extensions without tilting the hoods...?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All discs fit. I have a 2012 premium and i swap between 808 firecrest (very wide) and sub 9 disc rear. I dont think there are any discs wider than the sub 9. I have to shave a few mm off new brake pads with a stanley knife but it works fine.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Dan The Man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks again for chiming in; i can now confirm that the Hed Jet+ disc would also fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking for an uncut seatpost, any guidance would be appreciated. Also if possible a longer stem, although I get the impression from reading in here, this is not so easy to find.
Last edited by: GwennyPants: Jun 10, 17 16:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for the TT flat stem if anyone has one laying around that they would part with. I currently have one on my bike but it is starting to fall apart due to salt corrosion. I'm might just be left with having a machine shop CNC a new one for me. But I'm guessing that will be expensive.

Mark
murawski_md@hotmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is anyone riding an XS or XXS frame? Would love to get a picture if possible
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [mmurawski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm also in the market for a flat stem if anyone has one to sell.

cannot get low enough with the tri stem
Last edited by: SIMONI: Jul 19, 17 12:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for seat post for 2013 plasma. A piece for an extension or spacer would suffice as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello !

I'm the new owner of a Plasma 3 (Highroad version) that I'm finishing to build. I need to select a crankset but I'm a little bit lost... Could somebody help me not messing up the choice ?
  • If I keep the gxp bb it came with, I can only get a Sram/Quarq crankset right ?
  • If I change the bb to a bb86, I can install a Rotor 3D+, 3DPF or 3D30 using the 4130 adapter (but not a 3D or 3D24), correct ?
  • If I change the bb to a FSA bb86, I can install any of their 386evo crankset without adapter, correct ?

Thank you !
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [pilip] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1) yes
2) - 3) not really.

Plasma has BB86, it means, press fit bearings (sometimes they're joined in a complete bottom bracked, sometimes not, depending on manufacturer) and BB shell external diameter 41mm.

If you install bearings (or complete bb), called "BB86" (or 4124 - bearings outer diameter 41mm, inner - 24mm ), you'll be able to use any cranks with 24mm axle - Shimano, Rotor 3D etc.

If you install bearings (or bb), called 4130, you'll be able to use any non-true-BB30 type of cranks with 30mm axle, such as Rotor 3D+, FSA BB386 etc.

In any of these scenarios, if you ever wished to switch between 24 or 30mm cranks, you'll need to press out the bearings / remove the bb and install the appropriate ones.

----------------------------
Need more W/CdA.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [mrlobber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your clear explanations :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking for a replacement front fork for a 54cm plasma 3
Quote Reply

Prev Next