Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you
Also looking for seat post to fit plasma 3 premium to achieve preferably 80cm c-c or 78 minimum thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [na555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I don't. Thinking back I am sure someone already PM'd me so I sent it off to them. I have looked and it is not in my box of bits anyway so ...

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
na555 wrote:
JayPeeWhy wrote:
If anyone is interested in fine tuning their seat height I have:
  • One official Plasma Premium Seat post shim kit (one x 2mm, three x 1mm spacers + shim holder / seat insert)
  • 7cm of seat post

If you need one or the other let me know.

Have you still got this please ?

Still need it? I was clearing out some drawers and found it. Just under 7.5cm of post + shim kit.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [JayPeeWhy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I think friend has it all sorted now
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi.
Just got my first tt bike frame. A Scott plasma premium di2.
I am hopefully going to build it up with a mechanical groupset for now.
Has anyone tried this before?

Regards Torjus
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [torjusr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torjusr wrote:
Hi.
Just got my first tt bike frame. A Scott plasma premium di2.
I am hopefully going to build it up with a mechanical groupset for now.
Has anyone tried this before?

Regards Torjus

Get the Di2, you'll thank yourself later. Ask yourself this: how easy is it for you to change handlebar setup? On a mechanical bike, this potentially means new housings. On Di2, set it and done. HiBike.de has some really good prices on Di2 components.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going for di2 in a short wile, but have to use my mehcanical group first. Have anyone done this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Going the other way would be easier. How are you going to secure the bottom bracket cable guide?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don`t know yet. I was hoping for som clever advises here.:)

The easy way is to drop the bb shifter until i can afford di2
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you have the parts for this mechanical build? The difficulty here is that a) is there an entry port on the left side of the bike, b) how do you ensure smooth run from entry port to your cable guide (this is non-trivial), c) how do you ensure smooth run from cable guide to derailleurs? This is assuming you could drill holes in the bike. How would you secure this guide to the frame, and where? External cable guides are located under the BB, and there is an opening there already.

how much do you value the time spent cabling and re-cabling the bike?

opportunity cost isn't just a mere abstraction.
Last edited by: echappist: Apr 20, 16 8:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
do you have the parts for this mechanical build? The difficulty here is that a) is there an entry port on the left side of the bike, b) how do you ensure smooth run from entry port to your cable guide (this is non-trivial), c) how do you ensure smooth run from cable guide to derailleurs? This is assuming you could drill holes in the bike. How would you secure this guide to the frame, and where? External cable guides are located under the BB, and there is an opening there already.

how much do you value the time spent cabling and re-cabling the bike?

opportunity cost isn't just a mere abstraction.

Yes I i do have the parts, thats way I am going to try this.
I will let you know when I start the build :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to change to a round seat rail saddle. Does one have the change the clamp and if so where can I find it?

http://RoadID.com/...te/4HC4V-TAFQ9XPJDTX
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where you can buy the Missile Aero bar end caps without having to buy the full accessory kit?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [dcomdcom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dcomdcom wrote:
Anyone know where you can buy the Missile Aero bar end caps without having to buy the full accessory kit?

hibike.de

at least i bought them last year from hibike
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [BBAddict] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know its been years since your post about putting compact cranks on your Plasma 3, but I'm dying to do it on my bike, but had issues with the front derailleur and brake colliding. Any chance you could give some pointers or post a close up pic? I would be very greatful.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [kaos30308] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which cranks and brakes are you using? I had no issues with SRAM Red cranks and the Shimano derailleur.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have Shimano (di2) DA 7900 cranks, derailleur and brakes. I bought the 7800 rear brake caliper as I heard that gives more clearance, but did not help me when I tried installing my new Shimano DA7950 compact cranks, and my LBS told me it would not work. I gave up for a while (and almost considered selling my plasma). but upon rereading this thread l found someone mentioning that sanding down the brake pads was necessary. I'll give that a try. I hope that sanding the pads, removing washers, and adjusting the brakes close to the rim will allow the derailleur to ride along side of the brake caliper without colliding into it when on the small chainring.

I would love to see a pic of your bike with a close up of the derailleur on the small ring if you get a moment.

Thanks for any insight.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Tryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AuL5dOV_WCpcjTJKa3JDGH3J1A7m
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [kaos30308] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kaos30308 wrote:
I have Shimano (di2) DA 7900 cranks, derailleur and brakes. I bought the 7800 rear brake caliper as I heard that gives more clearance, but did not help me when I tried installing my new Shimano DA7950 compact cranks, and my LBS told me it would not work. I gave up for a while (and almost considered selling my plasma). but upon rereading this thread l found someone mentioning that sanding down the brake pads was necessary. I'll give that a try. I hope that sanding the pads, removing washers, and adjusting the brakes close to the rim will allow the derailleur to ride along side of the brake caliper without colliding into it when on the small chainring.

I would love to see a pic of your bike with a close up of the derailleur on the small ring if you get a moment.

Thanks for any insight.

I have also heard of people machining off some of the metal on the brake itself. Lets face it, a rear brake failure, given its relative lack of use, is not going to be a deal breaker.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Tryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What rim width can the Plasma support? Not sure if I should choose 20.5mm or 23mm width
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [draxula16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
23 is fine. I run the Flo with no issues.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BBAddict wrote:
23 is fine. I run the Flo with no issues.

i've run some really wide rims on mine: stinger 6s and zipp 303 pre-firecrest

note that if you decide to use a 25mm wide tire, you need to loosen the screws in the dropout so that the rear wheel is more aftward
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone have an idea what stem I can use on my 2013 Plasma 30? I have the stock one pictured here . Not having much luck finding the one that comes with the premium model either :/ Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [draxula16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any 1 1/8 stem should work...
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just replying to last poster.

Anyone have any leads on a flat stem out there? (Yes I've checked westbrook cycles)
Last edited by: Wifeofatriguy: Mar 4, 17 8:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next