Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, got it. I need bottom bracket with 41mm caps and 30mm inner diameter =)
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Ramil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ordered rotor steel bb 4130 from Bike24 for 50euro with shipping to Ukraine
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a Plasma 3 premium running Sram mechanical. I am changing the bars and stem over to the flat stem and Missile Evo bars. I wondered if anyone with a similar set up can give me some advice on cabling. It doesn't look like you can run the gear cables through the back of the extensions as with the other aero bars I have used. Also it looks like both brake cables have to run into the stem.

Thanks,

Tim
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Ramil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thinking about fizik tritone

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where did you get the flat stem from?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Traffic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I brought my frame 2nd hand and came with it. Took a bit of time to get a proper topcap for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can contact Scott for a flat stem.

They have to import them in from Europe. It's part #219555 according to the emails I exchanged with them.

Scott never got back to me on how long it would take. On the advice from a few others on this thread, I ordered and installed a TriRig Sigma stem.

It works great and probably is more aerodynamic than the upright stem.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Traffic wrote:

Westbrooks have them in stock. http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/...-degree-90mm-p261407
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if that Scott stem fits a specialized Shiv tt?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grill wrote:
Traffic wrote:

Westbrooks have them in stock. http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/...-degree-90mm-p261407

$500 US+ for a stem. Seriously!

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i paid $2400 (shipping and insurance included) for new Plasma 3 that came with that stem and the PRO Missile Evo aerobar. Geez, 320 quids is almost a highway robbery... I'd think you can have someone machine a stem and it would still come out costing less.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
Grill wrote:
Traffic wrote:

$500 US+ for a stem. Seriously!

Considering it's for a frameset that is out of production and was incredibly difficult to get hold of when it was being made, it's hardly surprising. If you're planning on buy may as well do it now as the dollar is quite strong against the pound at the moment. Lots of other stems will work, they just don't look the business (or weigh a ton for that matter).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aero testing at the velodrome.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we need a like button for posts such as this

out of curiosity, why not go with the ski-bends if you want the shifters to be higher up?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the feel of the j-bends. Plus this photo doesn't take into account my position changes from the test, so the bars are now level.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm working on a friend's 2nd hand Plasma 3 and the cable-housing for the RD runs all the way through the downtube. First time ever I see the full cablehousing run through a frame.

Any tips / suggestions on how I can replace it ? The previous owner trimmed it slightly too short and my friend has "ghost-shifting" when making a sharp turn.

Thanks,

S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
So, I've put a Campagnolo lateral pull TT brake (couldn't get my hands on a TRP easily) on so I can run a Stages DA 9000 powermeter, good news is there is no interference with the extra crank bulk of the Stages, but the bad news is there is some reduction in cable pull by the brake arm that runs onto the non-drive side as it hits just above and behind the bottom bracket. I'll post pictures soon, but to circumvent this I jimmy-rigged the pad on the drive side with about 5mm of spaces to allow for greater braking modulation, I also stayed with the DA 7800 brake shoes for ease when swapping to carbon pads.
I'll get the LBS to see if they can fix this, just wanted to see if it was possible.

Hi,

I just got a Plasma 10 2014 and have the exact same issue with my Stages DA 9000 Power meter: it doesn't have enough clearance to pass with the default Plasma brake (TRP 820 in my case)

Do you recomend going with the Campagnolo Lateral pull TT rear brake ? Didn't get the jimmy-rigged part .. what happens if you didn't do that ?
Did anyone tried the TRP 925 or TRP 925.1 rear brakes ?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [claudiopi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The trp 925.1 should work. It works on the old felts and the plasma brake placement is the same.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I contacted TRP regarding the TRP 925.1 and Scott Plasma 3 and they answered me:

"Unfortunately, I don’t think there is a good solution to your problem. The T925.1 brake may give enough clearance for your Stages power meter, but it doesn’t mount to your frame. "
The bridge behind the brake arms of the T925.1 won’t clear the chainstays. If I remember correctly, the brakes we were able to fit on that frame are the R979, R920 and older Sram Red. None of these will give the clearance needed for a Stages power meter."

Not sure about the chainstays that they mention...that's why I don't want to invest $100 or more on a brake that it won't fit afterwards

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wierd about the chain stays. Ping superdave from felt on here- he is very familiar with th brake placement as its felts design.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what they meant with the chainstays. That it rubs the wheel ?
How can we be sure that the Felt has the same design as the Scott Plasma 3 ?

How do I add SuperDave to this thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike says on the non drive side chain stay it's tech from felt in small letters plus Dave has discussed it before on here. Just shoot him a quick pm- he is always responsive.

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, done.

However I would like to hear about some Scott Plasma 3 with a Stages Power meter installed and which rear brake they used and modifications to it if any (I would prefer not to touch the brake in anyway if possible)

Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The chain stays of the plasma are slightly shaped to allow the brake. The TRP brake will not fit. Looks like the depth and width of the TRP base plate would foul the frame, quite a lot.

I have my wife's Felt with Stages sitting here next to my Plasma. She uses the TRP925.1 (the one needed to allow Stages on a Felt).

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so only option is going with the Campagnolo ?
Any other alternative ?

Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next