Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBAddict wrote:
I don't have a good answer, but I looked into it last year. I was convinced that a standard disc cover would not work. I think a molded carbon cover could work, but I haven't had any luck getting people that make those to make one for me. Might have to spend the extra bucks for a full on disc.

andy515 wrote:
I think it depends on what wheels your have i.e. the depth of them. I am running a Sram s80 with a cover on my premium and it fits, but the sram is a narrow wheel compared to the newer Zipps and comparable wheels.

Thank you both for your response. I kinda figured that a disc may not work. FWIW, i contacted Catalyst Wheel covers (carbon disc covers), and their instruction is to put a string on the NDS flange and see if it would clear. The kinked shape of the chain stay is obviously a big issue. I have two wheels i'm thinking of using: a 2011 Zipp 303 and a 2011 HED Stinger 6. It's pretty clear that things would probably not work on the 303 as the extra 15 mm for the radius of the disc may prove to be too much. Things aren't as clear for the Stinger as i may get it to fit. I'll keep everyone posted about this.

If anyone has a success story with a shallower/wider rim, i'd like to hear about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
just a thought, but you might try to make one cheaply out of some poster board and see if it clears... if it does then order one. I did something similar before I ordered mine

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
good call. thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Has anyone here have had success with using a disc cover for the Plasma 3/TT? it appears that the kinked shape of the chain stays make it really hard for a disc cover to clear. i'd appreciate any insights into this.

Many thanks in advance

I've used the Wheelbuilder cover for an 808FC with no issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Has anyone here have had success with using a disc cover for the Plasma 3/TT? it appears that the kinked shape of the chain stays make it really hard for a disc cover to clear. i'd appreciate any insights into this.

Many thanks in advance

I had a Hed Jet 6, the C2 versions so slighty wider. It worked but the covers don't sit that well on the Jet 6 so I scrapped them. There were not clearance issues though.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Tryin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking for a 90mm 40 degree stem for plasma premium. If anyone has one they want to sell, please let me know. Also anyone had any experience with the tririg sigma on a premium frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Rex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have bubbling/white looking spots
On the top tube of they're premium?

Looks like little white spots in the carbon where the grey paint meets near letter "P" towards the seat post.

Also on black bits on rear fork above quick release.

Now that I look at it some of these leading and rear edges of the carbon have lumps everywhere in it!

:/

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Magma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do not have that on my 2013....

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mines 2013 as well.

I bought it 2nd Hand so probably won't get any warranty with it.

Just annoying i know its there!

-------------------
Trying since 81
-------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Need some help carrying nutrition on my Plasma Premium. I'm running Pro Missile Evo bars, with extensions set narrow, pads set wide, shifters just about touching. HIM, and I use my own nutrition, not what's on course. Need to hold 50 oz between two bottles, one behind the saddle and one BTA. Here is what I envision...
1. Gorilla XT cage ziptied behind my Adamo Attack which is about as forward on the ritchey post as possible. Don't have the cage yet so I haven't messed with placement, etc. If you have pics of this, please post.
2. I don't want to move to drink my BTA. Cannot get the Torhans 30 to fit, it hits my front brake. So I need something like PD Aero HC, XLab Torpedo, Nathan AP Pro, or similar. I have not had a chance to fit any of these, and there isn't a lot of room between my extensions. If you have pics of any of these between your Pro Missile bars, lets see it, bc I have no idea what will or will not fit. Any other suggestions are much appreciated. Have at it......
Last edited by: jonfl: May 3, 14 19:24
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [jonfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not running pro missile bars but am running my bars fairly narrow. I went with the PD HC mount strapped under the bars for the bottle fits snug between my pads. Behind the seat I am running a Minoura mount with two cages- one usually has a spare kit and one has a bottle.[/url][/img][/url][/img]

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just ziptie a water bottle holder between the aero bars. I do that and prefer it. Keep it lower and out of the airflow better. Cheap, easy, rock solid, less hardware to add weight--wins all around. I used a carbon Arundel sideloader and just zip tied it to the aerobars. I did take a small length of a bad tube and use electrical tape to tape it to the bar. That makes sure the bottle holder doesn't move around and damps some vibration, cause I also attach my Garmin unit to the BTA water bottle and it's easier to read all the time without the vibration.

Shut up legs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How narrow are the extensions? The Torpedo System has the most narrow setup of the 3 you mentioned. We can fit bars as narrow as 80mm center to center.

Candice Turner
CEO
XLAB - Aerodynamic Triathlon Accessories
Dawn to Dusk - Off-road Specific Storage Accessories
http://www.XLAB-USA.com http://www.dawntodusk.bike
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Rex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rex wrote:
Looking for a 90mm 40 degree stem for plasma premium. If anyone has one they want to sell, please let me know. Also anyone had any experience with the tririg sigma on a premium frame?

I have one. I am not sure how much they go for. It does not have a stem cap but it is the same as your 75mm (I assume you have a small or medium frame but want the longer stem?)

I believe the TriRig Sigma will work but just does not look very good. Someone else has already tried it on here, on this thread or on ST, can't remember which. If you find it can you repost?

Quote Reply
Post deleted by Rex [ In reply to ]
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent you a pm. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [kaioken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey any chance you'll tell me your saddle height and how much drop you have? I'd love to pull the trigger on a plasma but am afraid I will have minimal seat post showing and not sufficient drop. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [L-1011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
L-1011 wrote:
Hey any chance you'll tell me your saddle height and how much drop you have? I'd love to pull the trigger on a plasma but am afraid I will have minimal seat post showing and not sufficient drop. Thanks

This look like enough drop for you? I'm also on a size small, and i could potentially go 35 mm lower. Not sure if the Plasma Premium and the Plasma 3 TT have the same exact front end (i think the TT may be slightly lower), but you can get pretty low on the bike. Fwiw, i think i'm at 75 cmabove theBb, though i'll need to double check

Also, if you get the Missile Evo bars, you can mount the extensions under the base bar

[/font]
Last edited by: echappist: May 8, 14 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your position looks solid for sure. My big concern is that my saddle height is much less than yours, around 67.5cm from the bb. Would like to get about 12.5cm of drop, and at least some seat post showing(pure aesthetic thing).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe his bike also has the zero drop stem so you can add another 4cm for the standard Plasma.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That may be a very tall order on a Plasma Premium.

Scott says that size S Plasma Premium has a 10.8 cm HT, measured from the fork to the "notch" (i.e. not the top of top tube). I'm not sure if this is indeed coreect, as the Plasma Premium seem to have really short head tubes.

I snapped the following photos of my bike, and it seems that mine is at 7.5 cm. this means that the Plasma 3 is 3.1 cm lower than the Premium (assuming Scott and I are measuring the same thing). Assuming it is accurate, If you were to get the Premium, my current fromt end on the 3TT is going to be close to the lowest front end you get. I'll double check on the saddle height (it may actually be measured along the seat tube inclination as opposed to vertical from the ground) as i now suspect it may not be 75 cm vertical

i'll measure my bike and get back to you, but i think i'm at 12-13 cm of drop in my first photo posted earlier

Btw how tall are you and have you been fitted previously? I've found that 12-13cm of drop at 174cm can br a tall order and just lowered my saddle a bit due to over extension issues.

You may find that you don't necessarily need 12.5 cm of drop. Alternatively, if you are riding 172.5 crankarms, there's another 0.65 of free drop by going to 165 mm cranks
Last edited by: echappist: May 8, 14 12:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm about 169cm. Never been professionally fit. Saddle height was determined by the coogan method(96-100% of greater trochanter, I'm at 96%) Already on 165 cranks. May just have to find a shop that has a small and play around a bit. It has been very hard to find a small in stock anywhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have not yet been fit, then you probably shouldnt have too much of a preconceived notion of the right amount of drop. You are 5 ft 6 to 5ft 7, and i'd think this bike would allow you to get plenty aggressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am pretty sure the TT and Premium are the same frames from a sizing point of view.

The differences are, I believe:

Different colour schemes / different stem / TT frames electronic shifting only so cables holes blocked compared to Premium.

Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a questions concerning the bottom bracket. I have a 2012 all stock with SRAM red Scott Plasma Premium. I am looking at buying a second hand Quarq Elsa GXP, that does not include the bottom bracket. WIth my current setup, will I be able to just remove my crankset and install the power meter? I am fairly new to all of this, and just wanted to make sure.
Quote Reply

Prev Next