Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [stodr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So it doesn't have that smooth and pointy aggressive look?

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaymz wrote:
So it doesn't have that smooth and pointy aggressive look?

Just looks like this:

Last edited by: AndresLD: Nov 21, 13 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep that's it. Surprised me they didn't make it smooth
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or cut the weight in half, down to something like 2lbs.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, guys, need some help.
I've got my baby from ebay seller, but can't find one bolt/pin which connects fork and stem below toptube. Do you know how it's called and how i can get it? Will be grateful if smb takes a look inside your bike and help me with it :)
Several photos attached to give you an idea what i'm talking about.
Thanks!

http://gyazo.com/...dab182000b64c48974ee
http://gyazo.com/...58b37c3f3e6c1b38f206

Last edited by: mcjay: Nov 25, 13 2:31
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [mcjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [mcjay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mcjay wrote:
Hey, guys, need some help.
I've got my baby from ebay seller, but can't find one bolt/pin which connects fork and stem below toptube. Do you know how it's called and how i can get it? Will be grateful if smb takes a look inside your bike and help me with it :)
Several photos attached to give you an idea what i'm talking about.
Thanks!

http://gyazo.com/...dab182000b64c48974ee
http://gyazo.com/...58b37c3f3e6c1b38f206

Can't see your last 2 pics but if your talking about the pin that goes through the stem after its on the fork. On my prototype flat stem, they didn't even have the hole for the pin. I had to insert pin into fork and then mangle my stem onto the bike. SO hectic. If you do not have the pin you must get in contact with Scott and request the pin, feel free to show them this pic when doing so.. :
Last edited by: masa757: Nov 25, 13 6:13
Quote Reply
Post deleted by mcjay [ In reply to ]
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [BergHügi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does your lady's name happen to be Fahlin or Johansson?

Seriously though, that's a gorgeous looking bike.

Have (quite) a few questions about the bike.

-Where did you attach the magnet for the eSs aRe aM? On my Foil i attached it on the chain guard, but i do have a few spare SRM double taped magnets around.
-How did you set up the brakes cables? Do you happen to be running Nokon cables?
-How much of a pain was it to install the Tri-Rig? Did you need to drill anything through the stem?
-Is the routing full internal for your Di-2 set up? In particular, how do the cables go from the entensions of the Tula into the stem? Did you need to drill any holes?

I'll probably be bugging you more about this as I set up my own (see last page). Right now i'm still in parts gathering mode.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Does your lady's name happen to be Fahlin or Johansson?

No, however she is very fast.

echappist wrote:
-Where did you attach the magnet for the eSs aRe aM? On my Foil i attached it on the chain guard, but i do have a few spare SRM double taped magnets around.

I once bought 100 small NdFeB magnets and colled one on the chain guard near the bottom bracket with a superglue.

echappist wrote:
-How did you set up the brakes cables? Do you happen to be running Nokon cables?

Yes, Nokon inside the handlebar. In the frame ordinary cables are used. I had to turn some connections. The Tula is rotated by 180° in order to get the brake cables into the stem.

echappist wrote:
-How much of a pain was it to install the Tri-Rig? Did you need to drill anything through the stem?

It was some pain but not too much. I drilled a hole and tapped a threading. Biggest pain was to get the right length of the Nokon cable and remove just enough aluminium from the stem in order to get it in.

echappist wrote:
-Is the routing full internal for your Di-2 set up? In particular, how do the cables go from the entensions of the Tula into the stem? Did you need to drill any holes?

No, not fully but almost, look here:
http://www.flickr.com/...set72157638041771876

The Di-2 control was first inside the stem. But with the cabe for the Tri-Rig Omega there was no place left over, thus it is now in the left extension (had to grind a litte bit from the Di-2 plastic).
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [BergHügi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many thanks for the helpful answers!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi!

I recently purchased a Scott Plasma TT 2011 frameset and built it up with Ultegra Di2 6770 components. I'll try to answer some of the Di2 related questions.

"For those of you who have the Di2 specific frame, do you know if it's possible to do the entire wiring internally?"

Yes, with the original flat stem and the PRO Missile Evo bar, wiring can be done completely internal (except for the front brake and the derailleur cables). If you'll use another aero bar, most likely at least some cables will be exposed.

"Also, where do people mount their batteries? And i presume i could also get the internally mounted battery?"

I bought a SM-BTR2 internal battery and put it into the seatpost. It works like a charm, no cables exposed and no rattling of the battery.

"Finally, has anyone here managed to put the junction box inside a flat stem?"

I tried my best but unfortunately was not successful. Neither the SM-EW90-A nor the SM-EW90-B will fit. The height would fit after grinding off some plastic elements used for strap mount of the front junction box. Yet the length including the plugged in cables will be too long for the cavity of the stem. I have the 75mm flat stem so possibly the junction box might fit into the 90mm stem.

"Otherwise I assume 300 mm is enough for the FD and Battery (to the rear junction) and 500mm is enough for the RD? Or is 450mm sufficient?"

I used the following cables:
1x 500mm RD to rear junction (450mm will be too short!)
1x 250mm FD to rear junction
1x 250mm Battery to rear junction
1x 950mm rear junction to front junction

The brifters and extension shifters have pre installed cables.

Have a look at http://www.frankbauer.net/...-neues-triathlonrad/ for more details on my build. Will post some more pictures during the next days.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [tri-frank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, thanks for the detailed write-up.

My own inclination right now is to run a Di-2 cable from rear junction to a front wiring harness (like those found on a road set up), attach a second junction box JC-41 to both cables from the harness, and connect the extension shifters (RW671) cables to the junction box. The hope is that i could maybe have the junction box sit inside the steer tube of the fork and the harness inside the stem, though that would require quite a few wires inside the stem. Alternatively, the wiring harness could go into the steer tube and the RJ-41 can go in the stem.

If i can't do full internal routing, i'll probably go with another aerobar set up as the internal routing is the reason to use the Missle Evo.

Btw, when i read your blog about your trips to Limburg, i thought: damn, that quite the trek across the boarder to de Nederlands. I then realized that there's a Limburg in Germany as well. I guess i have the American education system to thank for not knowing geography.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Ultegra Di2 Front Junction Box (SM-EW67) might fit into the cavity of the stem, yet I am not able to confirm this.
Two things to consider:
1) You cannot charge the internal battery SM-BTR2 with the SM-EW67. You’ll need either the SM-EW90-A or –B to do this. Only external batteries will work with SM-EW67.
2) You will need to have access to the front junction box from time to time to adjust the rear derailleur – Therefore, I would not recommend putting the box into a place that is inconvenient to access.
I don’t know the actual dimensions of the SM-EW67. What I am able to rule out is that it might fit into the fork – at least if you have the rear brake wire routed internally. You might be able to put the JC41s (you’ll need two) into the bull horns of the PRO Missile base bar and the SM-EW67 into the stem. Then again, you would be limited to an external battery and its downsides.

If you prefer to use an internal battery, there are two options I am currently aware of:
1) Front junction box below stem (configuration I use)
2) Front junction box above bottom bracket gusset (see this blog post: http://nyvelocity.com/.../ultegra-di2-tt-hack)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that suggestion!

I'll def be running external battery for now, but the promise of a clean front end is alluring. Alluring enough that i'll consider having the EW-67 on the outside in the BB area.

I'll be the first to admit that this whole exercise is akin to Cap'n Ahab hunting the white whale as it is more than just slightly quixotic. I can contently accept defeat when guys beat me by more than three minutes in a 40 km TT on a worse equipped bike ;)
Last edited by: echappist: Nov 26, 13 7:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tri-frank wrote:

Yes, with the original flat stem and the PRO Missile Evo bar, wiring can be done completely internal (except for the front brake and the derailleur cables). If you'll use another aero bar, most likely at least some cables will be exposed.

Not wanting to but into the convo but might be worth double checking you are comparng Apples to Apples. The TT frame and the Di2 version of the Premium frame are not the same as far as I know / think.

I thought the TT frame is Di2 specific and fully internal via the stem. I thought the Di2 version of the Premium frame is not fully internal but has one covered cable hole on the drive side and 2 holes for cables on the non drive side.

Sorry if I am wrong and that causes any confusion, just didn't want someone going down one route and it not being right.

https://www.pbandjcoaching.com
https://www.thisbigroadtrip.com
Last edited by: Jaymz: Nov 26, 13 13:57
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Jaymz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jaymz,

Appreciate the input. Actually to make things more confusing, tri-frank and i both have the TT specific bike, in High Road livery. The nyvelocity link, however, is to a Plasma Premium Di-2.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey guys, anyone running the Torhans 30 on their Plasma Premium? I was thinking I'd give Torhans a try up front next season, but I'm wondering how nicely it integrates with the frame. I'm running the angled stem with the original PRO missile flat bars, so not a lot of room from my tire to my bars. Any pics would be great.
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [AndresLD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone please sell me there 0' flat TT stem for my Plasma?????? I've got my paypal waiting and ready. I've got the 110 normal stem that I can include in a purchase if you need it. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Scott Plasma 3 Owners Thread [Fuquani] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go to your nearest Scott dealer and ask them to order you one
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would rather have a used TT one with the old school fighter jet teeth...and I don't want to pay 200 from my bike shop for one without the teeth!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those were special made for team issue and will probally cost you more then double what a new one would cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
either way....IF SOMEONE HAS A TT STEM FOR SALE LET ME KNOW!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When I was looking for the team issued TT stem I was quoted $450 bucks by the guy that sells those HTC plasmas through ebay. He also said just send the money and I'll send you the stem from Ireland with no proof of purchase or history of transaction.... I'm sure he would have sent it but it was too risky. I'm sure he still has some laying around his ebay username was Kinetixproducts, hope that helps.
Quote Reply

Prev Next