Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry!
Quote | Reply
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/...-triathlon-bike-bag/

WOW really angry! Just purchased this bag which is supposed to fit TT bike in without removing TRi bars and DI2. Guess what it doesn't fit. I am only a 5'6" female with Scott Plasma 5 medium (54).
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [na555] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That must be a tiny bike in the picture on Wiggle's site. Such a case would be "the dream" for me but it would be insanely large.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sure you've packed it right? Fits a P5. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuSWF0ki7nI

Also why are you on a 54? I'm half a foot taller and that's the size I would ride...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually just saw that you're running absolutely massive stack on your Plasma. My guess is that's the issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes I have packed it correctly according to the video which I watched first. I have more stack to my tri pads. Nowhere near fitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Figured as much. You have to realise that not all bag can accommodate all bikes. The dimensions are clearly listed on their website here: http://sciconbags.com/...-triathlon.html#tech

You're on a large frame for your size to with massive spacers which should have tipped you off that one size does not truly fit all. I find it hard to assign blame to SciCon when you didn't do your due diligence to assure the fit. On the bright side at least you can return it for a refund.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had two professional fits for this bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And they very well may have achieved your optimum position for your morphology and comfort over 112 miles, but it as by no means A) conventional or B) aero. Were both fits in London? Who did them?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this your bike setup:
http://tinypic.com/...amp;s=8#.Vgg8Ypcjaqs

If yes, you are using a conventional stem. It is -very- ease to remove the top cap and stem, and just have the bars lay flat against the side of the bike (put some padding between for protection). Should solve the issue, no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a really cool design of bag from ease of packing, an awful design from baggage handling perspective, all the vulnerable parts of the bike are in place and if it falls or gets hit with the bars on, you probably dont just lose the bars but the headset / stem and the bikes f**ked, even if you can keep the bars on, they're enormously vulnerable to impacts when left in place
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
a really cool design of bag from ease of packing, an awful design from baggage handling perspective, all the vulnerable parts of the bike are in place and if it falls or gets hit with the bars on, you probably dont just lose the bars but the headset / stem and the bikes f**ked, even if you can keep the bars on, they're enormously vulnerable to impacts when left in place

i'm 5'11" (riding a small shiv TT)--my bike fits with tons of room.

the bag has taken some hits (i've shipped it UPS a number of times)--it's clearly been dropped on the side and upside-down. the last sentence in Andrewmc's post is a bit dramatic. to "lose...the headset/stem and the bikes f**ked" would mean the bag got run over by a truck.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have over 20 flights in my bag and not one scratch or issue at all. The design works to protect the bars and frame by using the diameter of the wheels to provide a top level, and they give you great pads that are 2inch thick that you can add to the bars/extensions, etc.

The OP must be sitting straight up with so much stack that the bars won't fit in the generous proportions of the bag.

Jack

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have a large SC and zero issues, been a great bag, well minus 2 wheels falling off.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
na555 wrote:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/...-triathlon-bike-bag/

WOW really angry! Just purchased this bag which is supposed to fit TT bike in without removing TRi bars and DI2. Guess what it doesn't fit. I am only a 5'6" female with Scott Plasma 5 medium (54).

I put my large (56) P5 in the same bag with absolutely no issues at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are whinging about fit?
My Medium E112 fits, even with the bars being significantly higher and longer than you would expect for a medium.

Nope.
Biggest issue with this bag is the wheels are too fragile.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [Cape_Horn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got one of those teeny Decathlon Bags and I can fit my BMC TM01 in it. A much better bag for £60 IMHO.

Rav Dighe
Coach & Director
w: http://www.alohatri.com
e: rav@alohatri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The issue is that the scicon website clearly states on their website that this bike will fit ANY bike without disassembly. "Frame Limit:One size fits all".
The issue is not her fit or stack height or any other critique people want to give her. Why can't people ever comment on a post without critiquing the one commenting on non related issues.

I also recently bought this bag for my cervelo p5. I was told misleadingly by several people this bag would work. I have a 61cm and it is not even close to fitting. I have notified scicon and they still are stating my bike should fit. It took pictures and it clearly does not. Took it to a lbs to confirm packing procedure. I have the high vbar mount on the bike which is pretty standard for tall riders on a 61 p5. They need to do their research and change their claims to fits "most" triathlon bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [vermontironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for that . Exactly how I feel .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vermontironman wrote:
The issue is that the scicon website clearly states on their website that this bike will fit ANY bike without disassembly. "Frame Limit:One size fits all".
The issue is not her fit or stack height or any other critique people want to give her. Why can't people ever comment on a post without critiquing the one commenting on non related issues.

I also recently bought this bag for my cervelo p5. I was told misleadingly by several people this bag would work. I have a 61cm and it is not even close to fitting. I have notified scicon and they still are stating my bike should fit. It took pictures and it clearly does not. Took it to a lbs to confirm packing procedure. I have the high vbar mount on the bike which is pretty standard for tall riders on a 61 p5. They need to do their research and change their claims to fits "most" triathlon bikes.

kind of like how t-shirts used to be "one size fits all" until someone, somewhere could not fit, so now we see "one size fits most."

were i riding a 61cm frame i would take my own measurements and check them against the bag's measurements. obviously you know that getting your 61cm frame into other bags is an issue, which is why i'm sure the 'fits every bike' statement was appealing.
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [tetonrider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
   For a forum that in theory is full of intelligent, college educated CEO's apparently reading comprehension is not a forte. With that being said, since you choose to critic me personally rather than responding to the FACTS I'll address your issue. Only after the prerequisite sarcastic smart ass degrading remark that seems necessary of every 4th comment on this site.
Wow, your a genius. Next time I remodel my kitchen I'm going to ask for your help. Last time we randomly ordered any appliance we liked online and none of them fit in the spaces. With your ability to measure things and plan ahead I'm going to have you as project director!!! (End of sarcastic remarks)
To respond to your comments, I have never had an issue fitting my 61cm in a bike box. I've been doing so for 15yrs with no issues but that was before the p5. The entire purpose of the scicon bag is to avoid disassembling the front end. I bought the bag to avoid doing so and having potential issues with the hydraulic cables when traveling. I had not 1 but 2 separate bike shops suggest this bag to me. One of the shops being where I bought the p5 so they know my height and size. I looked online and other than this post I found nothing that stated there were issues fitting a tri bike in the bag. As stated before the website clearly states the bag will fit any size frame and most importantly I have contacted scicon and they are still stating my bike should fit, standing by their claim any size tri bike will fit their bag. While it would have been prudent for me to actually measure my bike size, based on what I stated I had absolutely no reason to suspect my bike would not fit.
If people spent less time directing their misguided life's frustrations at fellow athletes and actually posted helpful information this site would be much. more worthwhile. Contact scicon, not me and have them reassess their claims. I'm posting here in the hopes others who have a 61cm bike can avoid the frustration I have encountered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vermontironman wrote:
For a forum that in theory is full of intelligent, college educated CEO's apparently reading comprehension is not a forte. With that being said, since you choose to critic me personally rather than responding to the FACTS I'll address your issue. Only after the prerequisite sarcastic smart ass degrading remark that seems necessary of every 4th comment on this site.
Wow, your a genius. Next time I remodel my kitchen I'm going to ask for your help. Last time we randomly ordered any appliance we liked online and none of them fit in the spaces. With your ability to measure things and plan ahead I'm going to have you as project director!!! (End of sarcastic remarks)

Shoddy. If you are going to throw sarcastic remarks out about intelligence and reading comprehension...
Quote Reply
Re: Scicon Triathlon Bag - Really Angry! [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank u 4 pruving my point regarding reading the aktual coment and understanden the point beun made.

It's called predictive text, which is frequently incorrect, done from a phone written quickly and not proof read so yes there may have been an error or two. The phone defaults to critic, not critique as well as numerous other mistakes. Maybe you should contact apple and give them a grammar lesson. Your English teacher gives you a gold star.

I must thank you for reminding me why I stopped reading this forum years ago. I thought I would seek it out now for some insight and advice on how others dealt with a similar issue. Instead I've been reminded how much of the forum is petty and childish behavior of type A, overly competitive people with nothing better to do then insult others rather then actually help resolve an issue or provide actual positive feedback. Very sad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vermontironman wrote:
To respond to your comments, I have never had an issue fitting my 61cm in a bike box. I've been doing so for 15yrs with no issues but that was before the p5. The entire purpose of the scicon bag is to avoid disassembling the front end. I bought the bag to avoid doing so and having potential issues with the hydraulic cables when traveling. I had not 1 but 2 separate bike shops suggest this bag to me. One of the shops being where I bought the p5 so they know my height and size. I looked online and other than this post I found nothing that stated there were issues fitting a tri bike in the bag. As stated before the website clearly states the bag will fit any size frame and most importantly I have contacted scicon and they are still stating my bike should fit, standing by their claim any size tri bike will fit their bag. While it would have been prudent for me to actually measure my bike size, based on what I stated I had absolutely no reason to suspect my bike would not fit.
If people spent less time directing their misguided life's frustrations at fellow athletes and actually posted helpful information this site would be much. more worthwhile. Contact scicon, not me and have them reassess their claims. I'm posting here in the hopes others who have a 61cm bike can avoid the frustration I have encountered.

tetonrider's reply was arguably the least snarky post on this thread and you chose to go after him?

Is the OP your wife by any chance?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vermontironman wrote:

CHILL ! ! !

Goodness gracious.

Go out for a run or a long swim.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might have dodged a bullet - check out this review :

I have over 10 trips with this bag. The bag is very easy to use and allows room for your accessories. The problem is the bag does lack protection, I have had 2 frames cracked through the rear chain stay. I would advise the use of foam packing to wrap around frame (forks and rear stays). As it is a soft case the airlines do not have to cover damage, so ensure you have insurance. The roller wheels have also been a problem, have had to replace 2."

So thats a 20% failure for the bag from one guy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next