Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless
Quote | Reply
Considering these for my next road race tires. Looking for users' personal experiences with these, especially vs the older One tubeless.
Quote Reply
Re: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless [JesseN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I thought it was bad luck the first time, and because I loved the ride so much, I bought another, but unfortunately, I had to call for rides twice when the rear tire shredded to the point I couldn't boot it to put a tube in to get home. So, IOW, it's very fragile/weak/vulnerable, but when it's holding air, it rides great.
Quote Reply
Re: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless [Monastero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feels great to ride but i kept being surprised with all the orange seal splashed over my frame post rides. I didnt do an exact count, but it felt like every second ride or so. So yes, very fragile but nothing orange seal couldn't fix, for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Of my first four, blew out sidewalls in three of them and had sealant leaking out the fourth. I was riding probably too low of pressure and taking them on inappropriate terrain, probably, but still, they are fragile as all hell. Unfortunately, there aren't many other players in the road tubeless game. Michellin has one that basically cannot be had on sale (it's $80).
Quote Reply
Re: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all. I had really good luck and wear life with the original Ones and very few flats (I think only once) in two years of riding. They test well in the lab but didn't feel particularly fast. I am trying to pick my next race tires... my last standby was the Open Corsa CX III w/ latex but those are long out of print. GP4000SII is always a choice but I feel like there are better options out there now. Budget is probably $50-$60 per tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had a different experience than those above. Had 6 (three sets) of schwalbe one's. Raced on plenty of gravel/dirt roads. Two flats in 2+ years. Both from nails through the tire.

I use Stans. It has held countless cuts/nicks to date.
Quote Reply
Re: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless [oprfcc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oprfcc wrote:
I've had a different experience than those above. Had 6 (three sets) of schwalbe one's. Raced on plenty of gravel/dirt roads. Two flats in 2+ years. Both from nails through the tire.

I use Stans. It has held countless cuts/nicks to date.
Pro One is a very different tire than the original One Tubeless. The Pro Ones don't have a butyl lining, which is why they're "tubeless ready" (sealant required). The lack of a butyl lining means the Pro Ones have better Crr and road feel than the original, but they're also more fragile. Like the other posters above, I liked the roll/handling of the Pro Ones but got too many punctures. Sometimes they sealed, sometimes I had to put a tube in. Even the punctures that sealed, wouldn't hold enough air after that without patching. In the end I decided they weren't worth the hassle. Why go tubeless if I'm going to have more issues with punctures than I did with regular clinchers and latex tubes?

The one thing I will say about the Pro Ones, the "tubeless easy" is legit. Unlike other tubeless tires I tried, the Pro Ones were very easy to install on the rim, easier than a lot of new regular clinchers, in fact.
Quote Reply
Re: Schwalbe Pro One Tubeless [jsk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the Pro Ones as tubeless on my Envie 7.8s. They went on fine easy to inflate even when travelling. The wear has been pretty good for a soft compound and they were used 2/3 days a week during the summer. I'll be using the same set this year until the tyre dies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JesseN wrote:
Thanks all. I had really good luck and wear life with the original Ones and very few flats (I think only once) in two years of riding. They test well in the lab but didn't feel particularly fast. I am trying to pick my next race tires... my last standby was the Open Corsa CX III w/ latex but those are long out of print. GP4000SII is always a choice but I feel like there are better options out there now. Budget is probably $50-$60 per tire.

I've have a set of the schwalbe one tubeless on my winter commute bike the last 2 years, they've been my al time fave rubbers
no flats on the front, a cut sidewall on the rear from something sharp on the road. Sealant orange partially stopped the leak, but I put a butyl tube in and it's been fine since.

I wouldn't hesitate to use a set on my race bike, they ride & roll like no other tire I've used, and the orange works so well on punctures.

res, non verba
Quote Reply