Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

School me on training on Penicillin
Quote | Reply
Yay. I cracked a tooth last night, found out I need it yanked and an implant, in the meantime, they gave me penicillin for the infection, so wondering if anyone has been through similar situation. Plus, wondering what impact an extraction and then implant procedure will entail.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: School me on training on Penicillin [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh... Penicillin can sometimes give people GI issues, primarily diarrhea. Most people have minimal side effects. Other than that it's not going to affect your training at all.

Edit: extraction should be NBD unless you're a bleeder. Keep it clean for a few days and it'll heal up just fine. The implant is a little more invasive, it's a multi step process, with the first step being the hardest physically. They'll cut out a section of bone, place in the implant "socket" if you will, and let that heal into the bone. They they have to install the actual tooth. It's... Not the most pleasant process, but I sincerely doubt it'll impact your training significantly, save for a day or two following the first step of the implant.
Last edited by: RFXCrunner: Jul 9, 15 13:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
K-DUB wrote:
Yay. I cracked a tooth last night, found out I need it yanked and an implant, in the meantime, they gave me penicillin for the infection, so wondering if anyone has been through similar situation. Plus, wondering what impact an extraction and then implant procedure will entail.

given that you've just had an extraction, I'd gather that staying out of the water for the first few days is a given and there'd be no harm in just dialing the training back a couple of notches, maybe give the track sprints away for this week and replace it with a tempo run.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had an implant earlier this year and it was close to 2 weeks before I could run at high heart rate. Anything over 140 created a lot of pressure.
Quote Reply