Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt
Quote | Reply
Beating Skye Moench by 3min, great to see her back on form.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Super happy for her as well.

That finish line was amazing. Germany knows how to put on a race environment, super impressed. If IMWC has to remain in 2 separate sites, Germany is putting some pressure on Nice to deliver.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know Lauren Brandon was slated to race but she's not in the results ?
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [SusanH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lauren led out of the swim and was about 14min. down headed out of T2. Guessing she dnf'd on the run.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's great for Sarah! I felt so bad for her watching in 2019. Redemption for her today!
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marquette42 wrote:

That finish line was amazing. Germany knows how to put on a race environment, super impressed. If IMWC has to remain in 2 separate sites, Germany is putting some pressure on Nice to deliver.

yep, I've been saying this for years. go where the success is! Germany puts on a great show and the TV images are great.

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [iron_mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
marquette42 wrote:

yep, I've been saying this for years. go where the success is! Germany puts on a great show and the TV images are great.

I thought it looked like a great race as well with crowd support all along the entire run course and finish line was crazy. If Ironman rotated the WC through there, I would be in. Today's race made me want to race there. And big congrats to Sarah True.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bryancd wrote:
Beating Skye Moench by 3min, great to see her back on form.

I only logged I for a minute in the morning and I think Skye was leading. then i went out for a huge workout. how did things unfold?

http://howtobeswiss.blogspot.ch/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Passed her with a thumbs up with 10k to go and didn’t look back. Great effort by both ladies.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [marquette42] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marquette42 wrote:
Passed her with a thumbs up with 10k to go and didn’t look back. Great effort by both ladies.

Yup, great race by Sarah. She raced her own race, didn’t over bike knowing she’d get it done on the run.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...furt_Files_8724.html

If you missed that one, you missed a hell of a race.

(Sorry for it being a little later than we'd like, but we also as a rule really, REALLY like to make sure that we have image rights before we post an article. :) )

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see any photos.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
marquette42 wrote:

Yup, great race by Sarah. She raced her own race, didn’t over bike knowing she’d get it done on the run.

Super cool for her to win at Frankfurt at age 41. She's a great athlete and person and great to see her keep going after 40. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
40's is the new 30's :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
iron_mike wrote:
marquette42 wrote:

Germany always put on a great show indeed. Problem with the Frankfurt course it is relatively flat, no ideal for 2500+ athletes in a WC, you will have massive drafting issues and we have the same discussion all over again. It's already bad at Kona!
I do think a WC course should be relatively tough!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good article, particularly the race notes.

This being a U.S. site, it's not suprising that the 3rd place finisher Agnieszka Jerzyk got but a mention, but here in Poland her result was a big deal. Jerzyk, a two-time olympian who is massively popular in the local triathlon community thanks to her radiant, positive personality and a humble-yet-ambitious attitude, was coming out of a real crisis (baby, accident, sickness, injury, loss of sponsors) and she was there to grab a Kona slot she's been after for a few years. She definitely did not expect to grab the first available slot, let alone podium a few minutes behind two world class athletes. She did that by performing consistently over swim, bike and run, resisting the urge to go with True as the American was storming out of T2 to go on her wild chase of Moench and basically slowing down towards the end rather than blowing up like a few of her top-10 competitors.

Her start to her long course career had been very strong, with four 70.3 wins in 2018-2019 and a 4th place in Roth in 2019 (8:51 in her full distance debut). Then COVID struck, baby, etc.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [kajet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:

This being a U.S. site, it's not suprising that the 3rd place finisher Agnieszka Jerzyk got but a mention, but here in Poland her result was a big deal. Jerzyk, a two-time olympian who is massively popular in the local triathlon community thanks to her radiant, positive personality and a humble-yet-ambitious attitude, was coming out of a real crisis (baby, accident, sickness, injury, loss of sponsors) and she was there to grab a Kona slot she's been after for a few years. She definitely did not expect to grab the first available slot, let alone podium a few minutes behind two world class athletes. She did that by performing consistently over swim, bike and run, resisting the urge to go with True as the American was storming out of T2 to go on her wild chase of Moench and basically slowing down towards the end rather than blowing up like a few of her top-10 competitors.

Her start to her long course career had been very strong, with four 70.3 wins in 2018-2019 and a 4th place in Roth in 2019 (8:51 in her full distance debut). Then COVID struck, baby, etc.
excellent stuff i knew she was an olympian and had seen her racing at 70,3s but had no idea she was a mum.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cut a three line paragraph about Jerzyk from the final copy, as I felt like I couldn't adequately tell her story in that amount of space.

Pretty brilliant overall performance. She was the one to "race her own race" and let the chips fall where they may in a field where everybody seemed to be going for broke. I do love those kinds of race dynamics...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How do you see photos in the article? Assuming a settings somewhere?

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is one photo at the top of the article.

That's it.

But we did not have rights to that photo until very late yesterday. As mentioned, we will not publish a story until we're confident we can actually use an image or images (whether that's by us taking it, rights being assigned to us, or we've purchased the rights to said image).

Content is hard.

Quote Reply
Re [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
She did amazing because Skye Moench has been in good shape yet Sarah True beat her. After Heather Jackson left Ironman scene, Skye has been one of the best long course female pros from the U.S. along with Sodaro but I knew Sarah True could come back one day after going through tough times in hot races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:

It was great watching her in the final moments of the race. She sure looked happy. I didn't know anything about her, but couldn't help but pull for her. I'm happy for her.
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more reason to root for Agnieszka Jerzyk is that if she gains a higher profile, broadcasters and pundits will have to face the pronunciation problem, as they did with Robert (easy) Wilkowiecki (oops).

And listening to their struggle is a guilty pleasure.

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Last edited by: kajet: Jul 3, 23 9:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kajet wrote:
One more reason to root for Agnieszka Jerzyk is that if she gains a higher profile, broadcasters and pundits will have to face the pronunciation problem, as they did with Robert (easy) Wilkowiecki (oops).

And listening to their struggle is a guilty pleasure.

Like when Joanna Jędrzejczyk came on the UFC scene. Hell, even her first name was butchered every time because everyone wants to pronounce it the Anglo way.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Sarah True wins IM Frankfurt [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Knibb and True are the coolests triathletes in the circuit, they are damn genuine :) I wish they were my friends :D

Spaniard. Sorry for my english for the sensitive ones :P
Quote Reply

Prev Next