Prev Next
Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall
Quote | Reply
64 swim
4:36 bike
3:05 run
8:54
8th overall

He also was top age grouper at IM South Africa!

Nice day for the Dimond guys. Rapp for the overall win, Gyde for the Age group win
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And I think Limkemann was also on a Dimond, fourth place. Amazing performance by Gyde.
Last edited by: snaaijert: Aug 16, 15 12:56
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dev - such a great day! There must be something in the water up there for the Dimond athletes! Back to back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And powercranks. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL...maybe I need to get back on mine. Have not used them since before South Africa! OK, let's not turn this into a thread about the cranks that shall not be named. Congrats to Sam (again). Looking forward to the report from him!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn, that dude is a beast. Does he have a nickname yet? Gyded Missile?

Congrats to Sam f'sure.

Cheers,

thechromedome
http://www.favoritefinishlines.blogspot.com
http://www.cupcakecartel.org
My 20% off code for 2018 FS Series races: tricred18
"there are no drafters in heaven" - C Bonner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
LOL...maybe I need to get back on mine. Have not used them since before South Africa! OK, let's not turn this into a thread about the cranks that shall not be named. Congrats to Sam (again). Looking forward to the report from him!

I only did it Dev since you implied or stated the bike made a difference. Well, that is not all he is doing, as you know and as he has posted here about powercranks.

Yep, great race, but you opened the door, right. :)

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I did not imply or say the bike made a difference. Sam would have won the age group race on any mid to high range aero bike. I just said it was a good day for Dimond, not neccessarily that the Dimond made any diff in the results. I'd like to believe that it does, but I can't see it being faster than a high end Trek, Felt, Specialized or Cervelo (among others).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He beat the 2nd place M40-44 athlete by over 1/2 hour, the bike had little to do with his victory. He could have been on an old aluminum P2 with Gatorskins and still won :)

It was his strength, fitness and training that gave him the (well deserved) victory.

Rodney
TrainingPeaks | Altra Running | RAD Roller
http://www.goinglong.ca
Last edited by: rbuike: Aug 16, 15 15:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:

I only did it Dev since you implied or stated the bike made a difference. Well, that is not all he is doing, as you know and as he has posted here about powercranks.

Yep, great race, but you opened the door, right. :)

Too bad that Frank D got banned from his last forum...he would've had a field day with made up anecdotal evidence from Sam.

PS...I claim no credit for having him banned ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [Jctriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He blew by me near the first turn around, and I wasn't going all that slow relative to the field. That Dimond sure is speedy, and his green/black one is definitely eye catching. Nice race, Sam!

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
natethomas wrote:
He blew by me near the first turn around, and I wasn't going all that slow relative to the field. That Dimond sure is speedy, and his green/black one is definitely eye catching. Nice race, Sam!

Nate, good race from your side. Sub 10 is solid. For a while I thought you had a KQ wrapped up. What is slot allocation? How was the temp/humidity?
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Aug 17, 15 8:36
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nate, would be interested in your race report when you get a chance. Watched the results which had you in 3rd position for most of the race. I bet the heat/humidity got brutal. Good luck at roll down.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there was any justice in the world of triathlon, this point would get 1000 replies, and the post about Sean Astin getting a free ride into Kona would get zero.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sean Astin thread is funny though. It has been making me laugh for two days. People are funny over there.

Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
natethomas wrote:

Nate, good race from your side. Sub 10 is solid. For a while I thought you had a KQ wrapped up. What is slot allocation? How was the temp/humidity?

4 slots for 35-39 - didn't even bother going to roll down. I made the mistake of forgetting my HR monitor at our condo, and while my power was actually a bit lower than planned, I think my HR monitor would have told me that I was going a bit too hard in relation to the heat/humidity. I also think that the aero suit I wore, being sleeved and black, wasn't ideal on a warm day.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tnx for the attention Dev. It was a nice race - I did it earlier 2 years before and knew it was one of the best organized events around. Also I made sure I knew how to enter T2 :-)
I struggled a bit during the first 10k on the bike due to a glute cramp (which eased up fortunately) but got in the right rhythm after. It was perfect bike conditions on race day so I really enjoyed that part.
Run went smoothly as planned.
Main purpose of this race was to try out some things and to not become too lazy during the summer months.
My coach has written his version of the facts: http://jessesportscoaching.com/...-and-ag-win-for-sam/
Oh yes, I still do all my bike training with powercranks but don't try this at home yourself because all beneficial effects are pure imagination ;-)
Ciao!
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
Tnx for the attention Dev. It was a nice race - I did it earlier 2 years before and knew it was one of the best organized events around. Also I made sure I knew how to enter T2 :-)
I struggled a bit during the first 10k on the bike due to a glute cramp (which eased up fortunately) but got in the right rhythm after. It was perfect bike conditions on race day so I really enjoyed that part.
Run went smoothly as planned.
Main purpose of this race was to try out some things and to not become too lazy during the summer months.
My coach has written his version of the facts: http://jessesportscoaching.com/...-and-ag-win-for-sam/
Oh yes, I still do all my bike training with powercranks but don't try this at home yourself because all beneficial effects are pure imagination ;-)
Ciao!
Sam

Congrads Sam

Kick butt in Kona.

Boy do you have a great imagination. :)

Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [sgy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sam won M40-44 yesterday at IM Austria; noticeably 2nd came former pro cyclist Maurizio Carta of Italy, which served a 2 year ban for doping, back in 2006. Hope Sam is wearing that t-shirt today at the awards...
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [jollyroger88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jollyroger88 wrote:
Sam won M40-44 yesterday at IM Austria; noticeably 2nd came former pro cyclist Maurizio Carta of Italy, which served a 2 year ban for doping, back in 2006. Hope Sam is wearing that t-shirt today at the awards...

I'd rather wear 'a drafters sucks' or 'no referees sucks' as there were 2 huge packs of mixed pro's and ag athletes in the front of the race. It was quite disgusting. Will post some pics when finishedpix us up.
It seems that the rolling swimstart I
s a way to cut back on the amount of referees. And as far as dopers go: nobody got checked in Austria of course...

Anyway, I enjoyed my race ;-)
Sam Gyde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
I'd rather wear 'a drafters sucks' or 'no referees sucks' as there were 2 huge packs of mixed pro's and ag athletes in the front of the race. It was quite disgusting. .

Anyway, I enjoyed my race ;-)
Sam Gyde

Well done on the race.

Mixed pros as in female pros?

Thanks,

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, mix of male pros and ag athletes.
Sam
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [sinkinswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sinkinswimmer wrote:
If there was any justice in the world of triathlon, this point would get 1000 replies, and the post about Sean Astin getting a free ride into Kona would get zero.

You oppose celebrity Kona spots?
Quote Reply
Re: Sam Gyde First Age Group (M40-44) at IM Tremblant 8th overall [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's even more surprising is that transgender people can claim a Kona slot in the female category in Austria...
Sam Gyde
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sgy wrote:
What's even more surprising is that transgender people can claim a Kona slot in the female category in Austria...
Sam Gyde

Is this really an issue? I suspect a few slowtwitchers are scheduling their surgery at this very moment
Quote Reply

Prev Next