Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saddle ideas please
Quote | Reply
Guys

Looking at a new saddle but have no idea what to get. I know it's a very personal thing however here are the basics. I will be riding around 78 degrees this year so need something that is comfortable while riding aero. Not to keen on the look of the Azoto or Profile seats [big spongy padding up front]. What I am after is something that has somewhat of a minimalist look about but still offers some tri specific design.
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle ideas please [DeeBee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Adamo

-----------------------------------------------------
The true Master does not wish to lead,
Nor does he wish to follow.
He only wishes to place himself
Where he is needed most.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been riding the Adamo for about 5 weeks and have enjoyed it.

It doesn't have a regular nose and is a small profile, I find it comfortable in a forward position.

Arione Tri 2 has less nose padding and seems to be popular but I have not used it.

C'mon legs run faster!
Being fast on a crappy bike is cool
Fueled by Guinness, Tuborg, Anchor Steam and Creemore Springs
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Arione road for up to 70.3 distance and add a De Soto saddle cover for IM, SLR for m road bike.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got the ISM adamo and think it's great. I did 150miles in it on saturday and had no problems with my "equipment". I recommend it for sure.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
adamo

I have tried several saddles, including the arione tri. Nothing comes close to the adamo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
toupe

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
arione road.

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adamo! You will either love it or h8 it. If you love it, there is not another design even close.

I have at least 800 miles on mine now including the Desoto Triple-T this past weekend and its in a league of its own. I will be getting the road version for my road bike.

---------------------------
http://www.nunnsontherun.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Toupe is the most comfortable saddle that I have ridden on my road bike and the most comfortable saddle that I have ridden on my tri-bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blackwell research "The Flow" saddle. Awesome saddle. Most comfortable saddle I've ridden.

Blackwell Research Flow Saddle
style #FLOWSADDLE
One Tri Price: $99.95

Choose Color: BlackWhite

Availability: Usually ships in 5 to 6 days

Product Description:
This is an area that is dear to the hearts of all cyclist. There have been hundreds of seat designs over the last hundred plus years, Blackwell spent a lot of time and energy to come up with this. Blackwell Research spent hours with a TechScan unit measuring the pressures over the entire seat area. They analyzed feed back from racers of all ages and abilities, and have come up with a proven performer for rider comfort when using aero bars. Made extra narrow in the rear, it flies in the face of convention that this will be comfortable. The Blackwell Research staff found that wide seats “jack” the riders forward on aero bars, putting pressure on the hamstrings, leading to lower back soreness. This seat works.
Features:
  • Available in black and white

Customer Reviews: Be the first to review this item! Write a review and share your thoughts with other customers.

http://www.mountainmettle.com
Last edited by: Spindogg: May 29, 07 8:26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Specialized Alias

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you're buying saddles based on what they look like you're likely to have problems. Why don't you actually try sitting on some of them?

That said, I've tried loads and the Adamo has been by far the best saddle for me for riding aero.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adamo. It works.

infinIT Nutrition
Custom Blended Nutrition Solutions
http://www.infinITNutrition.com

Quote Reply
Re: Saddle ideas please [CS7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Adamo

It has received mixed reviews:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...tring=adamo;#1315629

You should try it and see if it works for you. Saddle chouce is a very individual thing.

I personally took off the adamo and got the Profile tri Stryke. I noticed a big difference on my first ride. The Tri stryke was much more comfortable. They are also relatively inexpensive--less than $50.00 for the cr-mo version: a bit more for the ti version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arione road
Quote Reply
Re: Saddle ideas please [Diesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
arione road.

I made the switch to this for this season and I love it. It's great out on the road but on the trainer in the winter it sucks. I really though I was not going to like it but getting it out on the road and I don't even know it's there.

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Adamo is great. Can't be beat for aero comfort. The only possible problem with it may be that the "nose" is too wide. If you don't lube up properly you could get chaffing issues. It hasn't been a problem for me but I foresee it being a problem for others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Blackwell Flow Saddle
It's about as minimalist as you can get and comes in a blinging white (or black).
It's relatively cheap and tri specific and works very well, especially for those who need that junk groove.
Last edited by: Jagerstar: May 29, 07 9:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLR road. It's minimal. Lots of pros use it.
Arrione road nearly as minimal. Ditto on the pros.
I 've used both and I liked them
I currently use the Blackwell Flow. It doesn't dig into my hamstrings, but it's very narrow in the rear. It's slightly soft on the nose, but it's the best one for me, so far. They have a 30 day return guarantee.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply