Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sacrafice/priorities
Quote | Reply
Am I getting a little to serious about the sport? The other day I was about 2 hours into a 5 hour ride on a new course I have never ridden out through the country. The first issue I had was a slow speed crash. I was on a climb when a vehicle forced me off the road into the grass. It was up hill and I was going about 9 mph at the time. After going off the road I new I was going to crash/fall over. In the second I had before falling over I did everything humanly possible to contort my body so I took the entire impact of the fall straight on my back to protect my bike so there was no chance to "Injure my Bike". The second issue was immediate after getting untangled from the bike and getting up I had to make sure the bike and wheels were OK, even as my H20 bottles with my sports drink were slowly emptying onto the ground (it was in the mid 90's). Luckily I found a store about 1.5 hrs later that gave me some h20.

Am I taking this sport to serious when I would rather rough myself up rather than put a scratch on my bike and don’t mind riding in 90+ without fluid just to make sure my bike was alright. (And by the way, what the hell was I going to do if I found something wrong or damaged with my bike?)

Just some thoughts

pj
Quote Reply
Re: Sacrafice/priorities [pj2433] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fear not! Yours was a perfectly normal reaction. Your skin will heal in time, but fixing your bike costs money. Just think of it as protecting your investment.

Hopefully you are not one of those guys who likes to have an immaculate bike without paint scratches. I always figured scratches were earned, just like scars. When I bought a new frame last year, a friends bike flopped over and gouged the paint near the head tube when I had had it for three days. Now I always have a reminder of that race and my good friend.

Chad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well done!

I shall never misuse Rex Kwon Do
I shall be a champion of freedom and justice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Perhaps the fall did more damage than you might have previously believed. For one, it seems as though you can no longer spell correctly.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]