Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SWIM COACH IN BOCA RATON AREA
Quote | Reply
Could anyone tell me where I could find a coach to help me short-term (Dec 26th-Jan7th) in the Boca/Delray area? Im heading out for a stay with family, and need someone to teach me how not to inhale water and sink to the bottom. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM COACH IN BOCA RATON AREA [solo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THere are a couple of good AG swim teams in the BR area. Look in the yellow pages and then ring them. One may have a coach who is willing to work with you after practice. Sorry I can not remember the names of the teams, it's been years since I've talked FL AG swimming with anyone still on the east coast

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should contact Richard Nixon - he is a tri coach in this area who puts on great swimming clinics with a coach who was a gold medalist on the W German olympic team - they use video cameras and everything. And Rich has done a lot to improve his own swimming.
www.fit2tri.com

Good luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One of the club team coaches at Florida Atlantic University might be able to help. This is their contact info page: http://www.floridaatlanticswimteam.com/contact.htm. You can also try Aquacrest in Delray Beach: http://www.acswim.com/index2.html. There is a team at St. Andrews School in Boca also, sid.cassidy@saintandrewsschool.net, Sid Cassidy, 561-210-2120. Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Re: SWIM COACH IN BOCA RATON AREA [fishymom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you guys are great. thanks for your responses. ill check it out tomorrow. happy holidays.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the Rich Nixon recommendation. Used him as a coach the last 2 years. Very knowledgeable. Hes a ST'er too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can contact leezee, he's an STer, his company bodyzen has coaches and he is down there i think. he's at bodyzen.com. i heard very good things about his swim coaching in particular. good luck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of college swim teams have their winter training in south Florida about this time. You may have difficulty getting pool time. On the other hand, you may find yourself with access to lots of great coaches, too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all for the suggestions. So I met with Richard Nixon just twice during my 2 week stay here (in addition to my almost daily swims), and Ive learned the man is the real deal. I literally went from taking in tons of water and getting nowhere slowly,last week, to comfortably completing 3/4 mile and drills in one session, recently.

No ego and he walks the walk. Even after I take my age group at Kona, Im still coming back to FL to train with him. Now its back to NY.
Last edited by: solo: Jan 4, 07 7:59
Quote Reply