Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by NewfieBullet
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [NewfieBullet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
weed? come on next we are going to see blogs about coffee addicts going elite.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by NewfieBullet [ In reply to ]
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [NewfieBullet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Team "Fearless Racing" must be very proud to have you.

Loser
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
congrats on your sucess but I was expecting/hoping for some The Basketball Diaries type stuff not that you smoked weed a few times over the summer when you were 14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NewfieBullet wrote:
That's all you took from it?

Did you skip getting an education altogether to become a rude, ignorant, triathlete?

It's not about addictions, it's not about how hard a drug is, it's not about me even.

Kids of all ages are presented with all kinds of situations, opportunities, good and bad. Your kids, nephews, niece's, are not safe from this. If you haven't already, please do not have kids. Clearly the World has TOO MUCH of your Genetics already.

Guess what?

For anyone in a tough situation, just one sentence from from an adult, mentor, or even a peer can change everything (for the good).

You are an idiot, and I would punch you if I were near you. But any kid that is in any way close to you, has a chance, and I can still respect that despite how much of a dick you are.

I bet you were nicer when you were stoned. Hey, don't punch me, I'm just an old man.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [stickboy1125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OOOOOOOH I understand now.

You guys wanted me to expand on the part where I used drugs. It was a lot worse then the blog describes, actually, you have no idea. I dummed it down, for the readers sake'.

I am not a drama queen, attention whore, book writer, and clearly do not think like you guys.

You, my friend, are a joke. Are you buddies with Team Fearless Racing guy above? Must be...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should reat the rules of the forum. I've quoted the relevant section here:

FIFTH-AND-A-HALF THING: Linking/sharing material that you created - e.g., linking to a blog post of YOURS. Please do NOT use this forum strictly as a source of traffic for your website, blog, etc. If you want to link to your blog, please do so in your signature ONLY; please do not start posts of the form, "hey check out this article that I wrote over here..." If you wish to engender discussion on this forum about something that you wrote elsewhere (your blog, your high school newspaper, whatever), please be aware that it will be allowed to stand or not at our discretion. A lot of this will be totally subjective, based on how long you've been a member, how often you link to your own outside content, etc. There's no hard-and-fast rule for what's allowed and what's not. Basically, if it seems that the primary reason for posting is to direct traffic away from this site and to yours, we will pull it. If it seems the primary reason for you posting it is to talk about it here, we'll probably leave it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have no intention of reading your blog considering you are barely literate.

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [JenSw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fair enough.

I gain no benefit from this, it's just a story that people could choose to (or not to) read.

Thanks for the rule, if it is an issue, I will gladly take it down!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad to see that you have made positive choices with regard to athletics. However, it isn't winning you any fans to come on ST and get mad at everyone who gently teases you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The cycle continued for the entire summer. At one point, I smoked so much week, I went home BEFORE MY CURFEW"

Your proofreading ability is on par with Starky's.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [whiteandy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That, is funny!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We know your purpose for posting was to drive traffic to your blog to show your new sponsor, but you write like my teenage daughter in her texts. Not exactly the type of communication sponsors are lining up to associate their brand with. Show some professionalism.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mr. Slaney,

Respectfully, I read your story and I'm impressed that you had any number of individuals who did not give up on you, or let you give up on yourself. You are a very lucky young man.

However, if you put your story into the public domain, you need to understand that there are going to be people who do not look at your life the same way you do. I think it would behoove you to consider apologizing to the poster.

You kicked one bad habit (drugs), but you sure do seem to have another, and that is anger management issues. Threatening to physically harm someone because they are not impressed with you is immature and childish. I hope that your threats of violence against an anonymous poster are purely idle.

Again, kudos on your transformation,

Jason

It's a dry heat!
Last edited by: mohole15: Oct 24, 14 11:05
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [kkoole] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
STers,

It has been a blast, but as per the rules (Thank you Jen) I took down the initial post. Best of luck to you all!

Cheers,

Jon
Last edited by: NewfieBullet: Oct 24, 14 11:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You should try to smoke some weed to help with your anger issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never mind, I take back my congratulations to you on your success. Seems like the only reason you made this thread was to draw attention to yourself, if you can't handle the comments from readers then maybe you shouldn't post things on a public forum.

'I'm not a drama queen', lol.
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jason, of course it was idle. Thanks for the comment!

mohole15 wrote:
Mr. Slaney,

Respectfully, I read your story and I'm impressed that you had any number of individuals who did not give up on you, or let you give up on yourself. You are a very lucky young man.

However, if you put your story into the public domain, you need to understand that there are going to be people who do not look at your life the same way you do. I think it would behoove you to consider apologizing to the poster.

You kicked one bad habit (drugs), but you sure do seem to have another, and that is anger management issues. Threatening to physically harm someone because they are not impressed with you is immature and childish. I hope that your threats of violence against an anonymous poster are purely idle.

Jason
Last edited by: NewfieBullet: Oct 24, 14 11:18
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mohole15 wrote:
Mr. Slaney,

You kicked one bad habit (drugs), but you sure do seem to have another, and that is anger management issues.

The good news about that is Dan is now a big fan of his.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.beedictionary.com/...-errors/idle_vs_idol

NewfieBullet wrote:
Jason, of course it was idol. Thanks for the comment!

mohole15 wrote:
Mr. Slaney,

Jason

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Lazy Ben [ In reply to ]
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
mohole15 wrote:
Mr. Slaney,

You kicked one bad habit (drugs), but you sure do seem to have another, and that is anger management issues.

The good news about that is Dan is now a big fan of his.

Snort!

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [stickboy1125] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, I read The Basketball Diaries back in college in about 1981. Jim Carroll - enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bOjc70f4p8

stickboy1125 wrote:
congrats on your sucess but I was expecting/hoping for some The Basketball Diaries type stuff not that you smoked weed a few times over the summer when you were 14
Quote Reply
Re: ST'ers: Please see my story. 14 year old drug user to 24 year old elite. Thanks [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What an incredibly lame attempt to leverage off the Lionel Sanders story.

Twitter
Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next