Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ST Podcast -- Questions About T100 Miami
Quote | Reply
Hey all--

Eric and I are going to be recording on Monday. Eric was on site in Miami all weekend for the CLASH / World Triathlon / T100 races.

Wondering what questions you all might have and what you want to hear us talk about.

Thank you--
Management

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: ST Podcast -- Questions About T100 Miami [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What was the experience like for fans on the ground?
Could he notice when the lights went out on the ladies?
Did the PTO seem to be happy with the event after the race?
Was there any talk of changing the rules for next year to make sure more athletes show up?
Did the whole experience feel like a proper professional event?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did the PTO people you talked to say before, during and/or after the event?

"FTP is a bit 2015, don't you think?" - Gustav Iden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’d be curious if there is a segment of media that gets pto approval/favors vs normal media?

That may be “too hot” of a take, but his comments earlier this week seemed to mention some interesting take on how media was treated.

I don’t know that the PTN crew was not given the royalty media treatment,

Curious about that angle, but I know that maybe a “controversial” take on the record.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: ST Podcast -- Questions About T100 Miami [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B_Doughtie wrote:
I’d be curious if there is a segment of media that gets pto approval/favors vs normal media?
That may be “too hot” of a take, but his comments earlier this week seemed to mention some interesting take on how media was treated.
I don’t know that the PTN crew was not given the royalty media treatment,
Curious about that angle, but I know that maybe a “controversial” take on the record.
Dealing with your double negative ("I don't know that . . . not") with regard to ProTriNews, I guess Pat is manager of Ditlev and Matthews (and others), Talbot is racing around generating content, wearing the No #1 bib, and Mark is 'in support'. All will have got 'golden' (or other 'access all areas') wristbands (I assume).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by B_Doughtie [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Mar 16, 24 6:46
Quote | Reply
What was the viewership across the various channels? Was T100 happy with the viewer numbers/data? Do they plan to survey registrants for their opinion of the viewing product (or anything else)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haha definitely not royalty treatment.
This media areas for the PTO are not good for our sport in my opinion. It was the same way in Milwaukee. It’s a tiny little box they keep you in and tell you that you’re not allowed to move. This massively needs to be improved as most media at events have different angles and targets they’re trying to capture.

The one thing the PTO do do good is all of their content is accessible (all photos) to the press within minutes of the race. So Slowtwitch would have access along all other outlets to hundreds of high quality photos.

As far as access
Talbot: I was employed by the PTO and shot for the PTO all week. All of my media (photos/video) are owned by the PTO. I had unlimited access. I could get everywhere except athlete lounge, athlete pre race tent, and VIP area.

Kyle, Mark, and Pat: VIP access & Media credentials
All athletes are allowed to give away two VIP passes Magnus gave his to Pat. KAT gave hers to Kyle and Mark.

With that being said the PTO does not give Pro Tri news any special treatment haha. It’s the same as every news outlet. The lead Slowtwitch photographer there (Eric Wynn) can just as easy contact the PTO and attempt to get contracted by them to shoot content on race day. Although they would own all Eric’s photos which a majority of freelancers don’t like. But eric/slowtwitch does have access to all race photos shot by PTO.

Don’t know why I am even replying to the above but I thought I would help y’all understand the credentials situation at the PtO events in case you ever wanted to attempt to get some. :)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Podcast -- Questions About T100 Miami [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's fair, I guess I should have been more accurate. Eric in the T100 thread called his "semi crappy" media access. You guys on the pod certainly didn't make that assessment when talking about yalls experiences. So maybe that had more to do with you guys gaining access on top of just "media" access (either VIP or employed by PTO for the week).

So for that I apologize. So I was more curious about this "semi crappy" media experience. It would seem like at this point in the game, PTO needs anyone and everyone to have a "great" experience to shout to the heavens how great their product is.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Last edited by: B_Doughtie: Mar 16, 24 6:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t want to speak on Eric’s behalf, but I would assume he did not have a good media experience as Eric is trying to document the event behind a camera lens, which with the access that they give is nearly impossible. Mark and Pat don’t even know how to operate a camera so they did not need the level of access that Eric was leading that’s probably why they were not complaining. Haha.

I do understand Eric’s frustration though the access needs to be 10 X what is given to the media/photographers in my opinion.

(Please note this is my personal opinion not me speaking on behalf of PTO)
Quote Reply
Re: ST Podcast -- Questions About T100 Miami [talbotcox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx for the follow up.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply