Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SRM altitude and temperature
Quote | Reply
I am ready to buy my cannondale with SRM (yeah, it is painful); I read in some website that SRM offers (besides the power, cadence, HRM, etc) temperature and altitude; is that correct?

Marcial
Quote Reply
Re: SRM altitude and temperature [mletelier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
there is a temp sensor but it doesn't "record" as a function of time. it is used to adjust the powermeter to account for changes due to temp. each file has a single temp point recorded.

there is no altitude sensor.

hth, I have 3 :O

g

greg
www.wattagetraining.com
Quote Reply
Re: SRM altitude and temperature [gregclimbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Altitude isn't something the SRM measures, probably because bikes rarely leave the ground.

Temperature is just for curiousity. The temperature the CPU records has no bearing on power measurement.
Quote Reply
Re: SRM altitude and temperature [Bitey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Altitude isn't something the SRM measures, probably because bikes rarely leave the ground.

Which is why I ride with a Polar S725 in addition to the SRM, to record ft climbed.
Quote Reply
Re: SRM altitude and temperature [gtingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you trust the altitude measure on the polar? i find that mine is all over the place (s710)

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Re: SRM altitude and temperature [mletelier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ergomo's have altitude. Since all non-gps altimeters measure pressure, they need to be zero'd at the beginning of a ride. Small pressure differences due to weather fronts can account for hundreds of feet of elevation. However, your total vertical feet would not be affected by not zeroing (unless you are biking during the weather front change).
Quote Reply