Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SHARE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLES WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS
Quote | Reply

Happy New Year everyone! I have been buying many bicycles for so long from my wish list during school years and I like to share with you passionate bicycle fans. Do you have your pride and joy bicycle to share with everyone?

Pride and joy bicycle does not have to be expensive or fancy. Pride and joy bicycle can be a working bike, fancy bike and any bike that you feel proud of owning it and it has a special meaning to you.

I remember my very first bicycle that I really love. I wish I still have it and cherish it and place it in the glass box at home. It was not a fancy bike but it was the bike that went through hard and rough times with me throughout my university years. I studied very hard and I did not have most of the convenience things like cars and computers that most people had. Sometimes I went a day at school hungry. I remember I had to ride my bicycle through snow and rain at 2am across the Ross Island Bridge in Portland Oregon. I wore a plastic garbage bag that I poked holes for my arms and neck. I placed my architecture model on the back of my bike and covered it up with plastic garbage bag. As I reached half way to the highest point of the bridge, it became very dangerous. The wind and snow blew me off narrow path. I fell down on the bridge cars lane and my model broke into pieces. I sat on the side of the bridge for a while being cold and wet. I gathered myself while tears running down my face. I looked up into the sky and dreamingly prayed to the man up there to help me through as snowflakes were falling down to my face. I looked around and there was only me and the snow reflected from the light, falling into the silent night. I was fortunate to be alive and I picked my bike up and we continued to my school’s studio. I fixed my model till the morning right before the final presentation started.

After I graduated and had a first job, I could afford something that I always dreamt of. I started to eat well and stay healthy. I always had a whole box of bicycle parts ready in my car. I went out often to give bicycle parts to the bicycle messengers for free. They worked very hard and their parts worn out badly. I gave bicycle parts to homeless on their bikes whom they reminded me of myself. I will never forget those time and my bike; it was a pride and joy. Looking back to those years, I always try to hold back my tears.

I hope I can continue to advise new Zipp and Lotus bicycle owners to my best knowledge and experience to save them so much cost and mistakes. I do hope also all passionate and fanatic bicycle fans enjoy sharing their pride and joy bicycles and their own experiences to each other as well.

Note: please no hate talk, no bad talk.
Love will always outweigh haters. Life is short, enjoy, love, peace!

I like to share with you my retro bicycle collection:
Click here for more Max T Bicycle Collection in maximum resolution:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/maxtbicycle/

`

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Oct 10, 14 20:47
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE AND JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE FANS [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Like the lotus. Buddy has a white Kestral, did a triple twist on the spokes. Here is my little fav Ambrosia rims, wolber sewups moser bar..scott turbo saddle all c-record delta brakes

100_0342http://www.flickr.com/photos/kenneyc59/
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE FANS. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, freaking awesome! Brought back some great memories. I had a Trek Y-22 once upon a time. That Litespeed Machete is something that I've never seen before! Please tell me that you have these on display somewhere and not just sitting in your garage. If so....where are they, I'd love to stop and drool over them. Great collection. Thanks for sharing.
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE FANS. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an awesome collection....love the Lotus and also the Kestrel 4000 (I had a 4000 a few decades ago).

Quick question for you....with all the old bikes around, do you have a spare softride clamp that goes on the Allsop beam?

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE FANS. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interesting, Nice herd. I have about that many bikes and except for my Alan cross bike none of our ride choices crossed paths. I take it you were sold on the beam bike concept? Cept for a couple alum cross bikes mine are all steel and Ti.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NO I DO NOT HAVE MY PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLES WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<Like the lotus. Buddy has a white Kestral, did a triple twist on the spokes. Here is my little fav Ambrosia rims, wolber sewups moser bar..scott turbo saddle all c-record delta brakes>
---
Hi Kenney,
Thank you for sharing your pride and joy bicycle with us. Your Pinarello Prologo time trial bike looks so beautiful. I love how the way the columbus tubing is curved and it blended so well with the wavy paint job. Everything flows so well together and in such a perfect manner. The frame size and the component are in perfect composition. The excellent condition Campagnolo C-Record Delta group set goes so well with the frame. This is a perfect museum piece of art. For the year of the bike and the condition of it, you are a genuine passionate bicycle fan.

I still have 2 sets of Campagnolo Delta brakes which I wrapped them carefully in seal plastic. I took them off my Litespeed Blade and my Vitus 992. I am hoping someday I would get a 1984 Francesco Moser time trial bike for them.
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Jan 4, 13 5:38
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE AND JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE FANS [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't give you the bike, but hey, we can all go back to the velodrome in Mexico City 1984 for the 51.151 World Hour Record:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a site in hungry, matzumaster I think that used to have Moser frames. Had a custom made for Moser that was wavey and never ridden I almost bought. I can see if I can reach the guy if you would like
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLES WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please do, thank you very much.
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Jan 3, 13 14:16
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bought the iko disc from him.....give me a day or two.,,,,if not on this thread will pm you
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS AROUND THE WORLD. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Beautiful collection!!!!
Just a question: what are your criteria when buying a bike for your collection? They are all very unusual frames.I see that you don't have Softride, Hotta or Cheetah.
Cheers...
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS AROUND THE WORLD. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't have a Trek Y-Foil?
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS AROUND THE WORLD. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pride and joy!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I get that you love your bike collection and you want to show it off, but I swear this is about the fourth thread I've seen them posted in (second(?) started by you). I think everyone has seen them by now.

Pink?
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS AROUND THE WORLD. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dont hate the player....hate the game!!!!.....dawg.
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS AROUND THE WORLD. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [borncrazy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if you already saw these bikes, go up to your top left part of computer screen, press the backwards arrow, and then with a solid fist, raise your hand as high as you can and punch yourself straight in the nutts as hard as you can. if you scream, thank you! if you don't scream or feel extreme pain, repeat as many times as possible. you have the option to not look. you want that in pink?

this collcetion was great to see for my FIRST time. I would love to see these rigs in person.
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION [maxtbicycle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh my! That Giant was my first tribike lust. Did it come out in 1995 or 1996? I still dream about owning that bike or an updated version.
I wish Giant would create a new version for me - don't worry about the UCI - just build it!
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen that model of Giant pop up on Ebay twice.
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLES WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS [softrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<Beautiful collection!!!!
Just a question: what are your criteria when buying a bike for your collection? They are all very unusual frames.I see that you don't have Softride, Hotta or Cheetah.
Cheers... >

-------

Hello softrun,
Thank you for responding to my Slowtwitch forum. After I graduated I could buy my first superbike which was the Zipp 2001. My first ever Zipp bike was a small frame, large beam 650c in all black. It had a Wynn bladed fork. It looked stealth and a sharpest bike ever. It was a wonderful feeling when I rode it. It was my real pride and joy because it was the symbol of my hard work. As time went by, I took liberty to buy more of my dream bikes. I bought so many bikes and I became fanatic. I scaled down my bikes and I sold most of them. I regret that I sold some of my Zipp bikes. My ads still exist from way back in 2000 on internet that was referenced by third party. I even recognized my own bicycles sometimes that posted on eBay and classified lately by latest owners. They still had exact same stickers and parts that I personally put them on.
The Zipp bike is still my favorite. I had a red Softride Power V and silver Hotta but I never had a Cheetah. They all were beautiful in different ways. The Zipp bike is a contemporary design which is beautiful in overall in composition. It is sharp like an arrow that blades through the wind. It is a true form follow function. The curvature and the airfoil blade flow elegantly throughout the frame. It is equally as beautiful as the Lotus Sport 110. My heart is still with these two bikes.

I still have photos of my old bikes in negative and hopefully someday it will be scanned.
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Jan 4, 13 5:43
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your Lotus bike are missing Chris Boardman on top:

Here he is on the track version....is it really 20 years ago already?

Quote Reply
Re: SHARE MY PRIDE & JOY OF BICYCLE COLLECTION WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS AROUND THE WORLD. DO YOU HAVE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLE TO SHARE WITH? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You seem to favor old school carbon bikes. What about Trimble?

"Grab a Brew Don't Cost nothing"
Quote Reply
Re: SHARE YOUR PRIDE & JOY BICYCLES WITH PASSIONATE BICYCLE FANS [cydswipe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<You don't have a Trek Y-Foil? >
------

Hi cydswipe,
I still have my Y-Foil.

Please click on image to see more photos in large resolution:

Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Jan 4, 13 6:08
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious, with such a collection, what you find yourself riding the most. (I also understand you may not ride now and that's awesome, too).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by maxtbicycle [ In reply to ]
Last edited by: maxtbicycle: Jan 3, 13 14:18

Prev Next