Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

S-Bend bar set-up questions, poll ... whatever
Quote | Reply
I replaced my syntace aerobars with the profile T2+'s due to the fact that i needed the pads moved back a bit and already tended to hold onto the flat part of the extension. I love the hand position of the new bars, but find that having the bar end shifters installed the same way as they were on the up-turned part of my old bars puts my hand in a really awkward position when shifting and stresses out my forearm trying to rotate my wrist forward and down when shifting to a smaller cog.

How do those of you using S-bend or R-bend bars have your shifters mounted? and if you've put them on upside down, how do you route the cable?
Quote Reply
Re: S-Bend bar set-up questions, poll ... whatever [TomAnnapolis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I put on my T2+'s I debated which direction I should have the shifters facing. The shifting is definitely a different feel than "normal" aerobars. Upside down mounting seemed a little more comfortable, but ultimately I stuck with the standard orientation just because I am used to shifting in that direction. I was a bit concerned with a race coming up that'd I'd mis-shift at a bad time. If I had mounted upside down I would have routed the housing through the holes on top and then out through the rear bottom holes. Depending on your bike, you could just run the housing out the back of the bars though...
Quote Reply
Re: S-Bend bar set-up questions, poll ... whatever [TomAnnapolis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I reversed mine when going to T2's. Found it more comfortable. The cable will be on the top part of the handle before going into the hole, but when its covered by the tape you won't notice it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know anything about "upside down"...but I do mount my shifters opposite of most people...it's just the way I prefer it. I run the cables to the inside...slowly wrapping them underneath so that they exit the short bar-taped section of my extensions on the bottom of the tube...then back through the cable routing guides under my Hed bars. No issues.
Quote Reply
Re: S-Bend bar set-up questions, poll ... whatever [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
did you drill the tops of your bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wasn't necessary. The bars come with an enter hole on top and bottom. There is only a single exit hole on the underneath. You can see it on the picture.

http://www.profile-design.com/...erobars/t2_plus.html
Quote Reply