Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question
Quote | Reply
Surprised to see Saucony is polling at 20% when I never see anyone wearing them at group runs or really all that much at races. I know, large showing in the Kona shoe count. But still I don't ever really see anyone in them. What's the popular model, if there is one.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [seeyouincourt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinvara. But the Freedom ISO is at the top of my wish list.

Jumping from a $100 shoe to a $160 shoe is a tough pill to swallow though. I hope they get Addidas Boost-type mileage.

/kj

http://kjmcawesome.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinvaras here too. I usually pick up the previous year's model at about 50% off. I also have some Type A racing flats for stand alone 5k or 10k races.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [kjmcawesome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've put ~150 miles on the ISO Freedom's, came from Hoka's and Newton's prior, been searching for a good training shoe/racing shoe. It foots the bill (pun intended).

Great shoe, will buy a few more once they go down in cost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinvara is a great shoe. The Kinvara 4 may have been the greatest shoe of all time :-). The 5 was a miss but the 6 was good and the 7 is quite nice. I have run in every model and it continues to be my go-to shoe. They are coming out with the 8 so 7s should be dropping in price significantly. I have a pair of older Saucony A5s that I use for 5-10k (but I have run a fast 13.1 in them as well) and a pair of Saucony Virratas that I rotate in occasionally.

I would like to try the Freedom Iso but I've put a hard cap of $100 on shoe purchases so I'll have to hope there are some leftovers available on sale next year. No shoe is worth more than $100 to me any more.

For my foot and stride Saucony shoes just seem to work. I run in lots of other brands (I'm a shoe whore) but Saucony remains my favorite.

----------------------------
Jason
None of the secrets of success will work unless you do.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fastwitch. People say they run a little snug...I have a narrow foot and they fit perfect.

I am not sure how to answer the poll though, as I currently alternate between brooks, saucony, and NB. That's probably not normal.....but neither is my running....it's awful.
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Feb 8, 17 18:51
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried on the Freedom this weekend...like putting on a pair of slippers...felt really nice. With that said, I don't know if I could go long distance in them. There seems to be more road feel than the Saucony Ride or Hoka Cilfton series I've used. Granted, I'm older and more of a plodder than most of you so you have might feel differently about them.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [wannabefaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wannabefaster wrote:
I have a pair of older Saucony A5s that I use for 5-10k (but I have run a fast 13.1 in them as well) and a pair of Saucony Virratas that I rotate in occasionally.

I really wish they still made the Virratas.

I love my Type A6 flats for open races up to HM.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [B3CK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
B3CK wrote:
I've put ~150 miles on the ISO Freedom's, came from Hoka's and Newton's prior, been searching for a good training shoe/racing shoe. It foots the bill (pun intended).

Great shoe, will buy a few more once they go down in cost.

Leftlanesports.com just made a huge drop of Saucony stuff at 50% off. I don't think there are Kinvaras but there are Guide's, A9's and ISO 2's. Not a leftlanesports employee just want to share a deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinvaras for sure. My race / fast training shoe of choice. But I re-entered running 10 (?) years ago on Triumphs. Wonderful shoe for what I needed. Overbuilt, big drop, big cushion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to just buy whatever shoe was cheap on line. Last year went to proper running shop and tried on loads. I found the Saucony Ride 9 was by far the most comfortable for me.

I am on my 2nd pair already and now they are last season and cheap I have bought a couple of pairs to keep so I will be in them for a while now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I answered Adidas because that's what I train in, but I use the Saucony Type A for racing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ISO Triumphs and Kinvaras

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ive gone from the cortana, to the kinvara, and now im spending most of my time in the fastwitch.

loved em all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Triumph ISO for me. Been using them a couple of years now. Before I'd change brand/shoe every time as I would have various issues.

I'm an adult onset runner, back of pack, and only run on my own apart from races. I wonder if the demographic of the Saucony runner would account for not seeing them often?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FastTwitch and Breakthrough for me. I've also run in the Triumph, Zealot, and Cortana but just can't get into the Kinvara.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went from the Kinvara/Mirage to now the Freedom ISO. It's a damn phenomenal shoe, IMO.

I also run in the New Balance 1080v6, Hoka Conquest, Clifton, and Clayton, Saucony Fastwitch, Mizuno Sayonara, Skechers GoMeb Speed, and Newton Kismet. Looking to add an Altra (note: sponsor via Maverick Multisport) to the mix.

I have a bit of a shoe problem...

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Loved the Ride 8, went to Triumph ISO2. Like them ok-ish, but I don't like the somewhat mushy heal fabric.

Plusses for me:
Good cushioning that doesn't go dead that quickly
wide sizes in the forefoot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kinvara
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
saucony guides for me, for a long time. Just the right amount of structure for me. Came to the guides years ago from Nike triax.
Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I run in the Kinvara and the currently the Type A's but will no longer be running in the A's. I don't like the changes that they made to the shoe. I loved the the prior models but the newest one IMO is a fail. I am going to be switching over to the Fastwich.

I race in the Type A's and keep the Kinvara's for more longer runs HM or longer or recovery runs. Its a fantastic shoe for the cushion and weight. Its amazing what they have done with that shoe. I have run in a lot of other shoes over the years and it would take A LOT for me to switch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Saucony Omni. I rotate those with the Brooks Adrenaline.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I love the Zealots. I am on my 4th pair of Zealot 1's. I plan on trying on the Zealot 2's and Freedom for me next shoe, but you can still find Zealot 1's online for a good price... I am surprised they have not been mentioned here yet. I see people wearing Zealots all the time.

Quote Reply
Re: Running Shoe Poll - Saucony question [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the guide 7's, I agree the amount of support was pretty much spot on. But I found any runs over 10k and I get a blister on the inside of the ball of foot on the right foot. Real shame, and as a result I haven't bought any other Saucony's as I don;t want the same proble in case it's an issue with the shape of my foot and the general Saucony last.

Right now I run in Adidas Boost ST, Adidas Supernova Glide 7, Nike Pegasus 33, Nike Lunaracer 3+. Really loving my boost foam, especially the combination of EVA and boost foam on the Supernova. I find it has just the right mix between cushion and responsiveness. They are a touch heavier than other brands, but I'm happy for the trade off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses. i'm going to pick up a pair of Freedoms. And maybe Kinvara too.
Quote Reply

Prev Next