Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Run at Katrina help
Quote | Reply
Looking for some help here. I could possibly get thousand of pairs of shoes (or other types of shoes) staggered over the next couple of months (yes, they will need lots of shoes in the fall too if you think about it), but the Red Cross and the Salvation Army only want cash or credit card. That is unless I shipped them out. Well I'm only a school teacher and cross country coach so I don't make shit and of course live check to check. Even UPS told me they wouldn't help. I started this last Sunday, because I knew they were fucked and have gotten nowhere. If anybody has any ideas or ways to help, give me a holler. When I say lots of shoes, 10,000 pairs is an acceptable goal.
Quote Reply
Re: Run at Katrina help [dustdevil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What city do you live in?
Quote Reply
Re: Run at Katrina help [greydog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Palmdale, CA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I did hear on the t.v. news the other day of a man with 3 semi trucks driving to the South with supplies...It was a San Diego channel and a owner of a well know motorcycle store.

I did a google search and could not find it. Perhaps someone else on this forum saw it on the news?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think there is a Fleet Feet near there right? Try contacting them (or another running store) and see if they could help. If the store gets in on it then there would be more awareness, you may get alot more shoes and chances are they would be able to find someone to transport them. Also, get out the phone book and call all of the moving companies in the area to see if they would do it. The Fleet Feet here in Cincinnati was able to collect and transport several thousand pairs of shoes for tsunami victums. It was awesome! Good luck to you!
Quote Reply