Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rotor Power software upgrade
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone,

On my Cervelo S5 I have the Rotor Power (dual) power meter. Recently I've been experiencing drop outs of data of various lengths with no systematics in the drop outs. On Rotors website they have a software update to version 0.9 that should take care of these issues. So today I installed the software, downloaded the update, connected my computer to the PM with an ANT+ dongle and started the update on the right crank. It stalled at 36% and didn't move during the next 10min. So I stopped the upgrade and tried it on the left crank, with no problems: a complete uprade :o)! I then returned to the right crank hoping it would go smooth the second time around. However there was no red light in the right crank when I spun the crank arms around, neither when pressure was applied. The right crank seemed "dead". I then unscrewed the battery cap, took out the battery and installed it again (manual reset). However to no help. I then installed a new battery which still didn't help.

It seems as if the failed upgrade somehow killed the right crank.

I have emailed Rotor USA - and await their reply. However if anyone has experienced the same and have a solution or any good advice I would much appreciate it

Thanks!
Last edited by: TIP: Aug 29, 15 12:45
Quote Reply